Had at4 for days when my 17 Denali was in the shop

I was having transmission issues with my 17 Denali 6.2. So the dealership gave me an AT4 5.3 as my loaner for 4 days. My trucks problem ended up being a TSB for a new kind of transmission fluid.

Driving the AT4 for a few days gave me some insight when my lease is up in 5 months. As much as I love the new trucks, I cant seem to get past the interior quality or lack of. No sunglasses holder, plastic gear shift lever instead of leather, the seats felt very flat and hard. Truck only has 1000 miles on it so maybe they will soften up with time. I had some interior rattles I never heard with my 17. And the flat black just looked cheap in the 19 around the center stack.

The AT4 suspension wasn't my favorite. But I would be getting the Denali anyway.

If the 2021 sierras Interior was to be changed I may consider buying a cheap $1000 beater for 6 months until they came out but we wont even know for sure if and when the interior would be updated

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ever sit in a racing seat? The idea is about support on the new seats, they are great once you get used to them I have made many 1000 miles trips on them. The sunglasses holder really, it was a piece shit that scratched your glasses and rattled if you weren't wearing  your glasses. It has a huge sunglasses holder on the dash! I have 6 pairs up there. You are not supposed to feel like you are sitting on your damn couch when driving, you should be supported.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Mountain boy said:

Ever sit in a racing seat? The idea is about support on the new seats, they are great once you get used to them I have made many 1000 miles trips on them. The sunglasses holder really, it was a piece shit that scratched your glasses and rattled if you weren't wearing  your glasses. It has a huge sunglasses holder on the dash! I have 6 pairs up there. You are not supposed to feel like you are sitting on your damn couch when driving, you should be supported.

That's the problem. I felt like I was sitting on a board. I'm not looking for plush seats but something that makes me feel like I'm sitting in the seat, not on top if it. 

Honestly the sun glass holder isn't a big deal. I like my glasses out of sight. Just another thing people could see and steal. I'll just leave them in their pouch and stick it in the upper glove box. 

i noticed the seats at first too, but a few drives in they were fine and similar to my 16. Agree with everything else, but will say 1st gear is a lot more peppier than past years and glad they finally fixed that.

24 minutes ago, Mountain boy said:

It has a huge sunglasses holder on the dash! I have 6 pairs up there. You are not supposed to feel like you are sitting on your damn couch when driving, you should be supported.

I have a picture of your truck and I mean this. You're a slob if you have 6 pairs of glasses on your dash. Those of us who like nice and tidy, don't have 6 pair of glasses and we like a nice neat place to store them.

I too had a 17 Denali and the ride is a lot better with the 19 Denali.  My 17 also developed the shudder and I made an appointment with my dealer to check it out.  It took 2.5 hours to flush the trans, change filter and reprogram.  It still would clunk really loud on the 1st to 2nd shift rolling through a parking lot.

1 hour ago, Belo said:

I have a picture of your truck and I mean this. You're a slob if you have 6 pairs of glasses on your dash. Those of us who like nice and tidy, don't have 6 pair of glasses and we like a nice neat place to store them.

I have more than one pair of glasses they have different lens and they are all in the silky bags they come with, I must assume you are an **** and nobody will ride with you that might also have there glasses up there. You have a holder for your glasses shove them up your neat and tidy ass.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Mountain boy said:

It has a huge sunglasses holder on the dash! I have 6 pairs up there.

21 hours ago, Belo said:

cVbu3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, Smitty said:

Some people should drive a truck and some should drive a Prius.   hahaha

can't put a dead deer in the back of a prius. You can drive a truck and not be sloppy right? Not all trucks are work trucks, heck the high country is nicer than some cadillacs lol.