Trail Boss LT Power Tailgate

When I double click the button on the key fob to let the tailgate down it makes a click sound like it’s releasing but doesn’t come down.  If I double click the fob again the tailgate will then release and let down.  If I shut the tailgate and double click the fob again it will release and come down every time after the initial time.  

Has as anyone else experienced this and is it normal?  It does the same thing if I use the button inside the truck.  Seems kind of odd to me.  

On 8/30/2019 at 12:50 AM, Landon Wingate said:

When I double click the button on the key fob to let the tailgate down it makes a click sound like it’s releasing but doesn’t come down.  If I double click the fob again the tailgate will then release and let down.  If I shut the tailgate and double click the fob again it will release and come down every time after the initial time.  

Has as anyone else experienced this and is it normal?  It does the same thing if I use the button inside the truck.  Seems kind of odd to me.  

Do you have a bed cover like the Bak 4?

It sits on the Pro Tia Gate and offers resistance. I find it's enough to inhibit the top section of the gate but not if I want the entire gate to open.

No I don’t have a bed cover.  I actually noticed it the day I bought the truck but thought I may have done something wrong.  It’s not the biggest deal in the world.  Just weird how the first time I open it, it clicks but doesn’t come down.  Then I try again and it comes down easily.  Then I close it and try again and it comes down every time.