In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

I have a 2017 Midnight Edition Z71 Tahoe.  Great truck!

I'd be interested in mods people have made to this truck.

Particularly, has anyone blacked out the remaining chrome (side window moldings, grill, and headlight frames)?  If so, how?  Are there replacement parts available for this?

Thank you

You can get an RST grill like this for around $360...00ed06bb66c05a392e46b86e1103279b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Looking at the parts system (from memory) the upper window trim was chrome or black, the lower was ready to spray...  Not checked the grille for parts.

I prefer black also, the LTZ / Premier has a chrome line on the step board as well i notice.

That looks really sharp. Ditching that giant ugly air dam is a huge plus looks wise also.

On 9/3/2019 at 12:47 PM, Texas Daddy said:

You can get an RST grill like this for around $360...00ed06bb66c05a392e46b86e1103279b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Where can I get one of these?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Cody Gibson
      Hey everyone, I have a 2018 5.3l sierra 2wd, I want to install a whipple supercharger kit I've found, it says that no internal mods or upgrades are needed to handle the extra power. But I'm sure that that's not the case. I'm thinking I need to at least install a cam and upgrade the fuel system a little bit. As well as maybe beef up my driveshaft due to the common issues being reported on the stocks. Any thoughts or advice helps. I've never owned a supercharger, or modified a truck this much, so for my first time I want to do it right.

• By Noah Curtis
      I’m looking for Painted silver mirror caps and door handles For my extended cab 2016 Silverado. I’ve searched google and eBay and haven’t had any luck. Does anyone know where to look??
    • By lovecars
      Sorry guys, long post.

Haven't been around much lately, with engineering new equipment for mostly garment manufacturers, travelling all over, working 18 hour days.

Now I'm retired. Thank God 

For those that don't know me, you are lucky?

I've always modified my cars and trucks. My  son and I built many cars and trucks that have been featured vehicles at SEMA. Some sponsored by GM an Avalanche. Some from Ford, An F250 Lifted. Both of those ended up in front pages of magazines. 

My son decided to get a real job, and I didn't want to continue by myself, the reason I was doing it so my son could learn mechanical electrical stuff. Since he always also modified cars, vans, mini trucks, etc.
      And wanted to learn from the biggest hacker in the world.

This is my current truck and more likely my last, so I'm enjoying to the fullest.

Her it goes..

It' a 2017 LT Graphite.

Mesh grille black powder coating by Grillcraft

2" front lift to level it. (for those complaining about the pogo stick rear end when going through bumps or whoops, this will fix it.)

Homelink from Mito (programable garage door opener) always on.. I hope no one breaks into my truck and gets in the garage and tries to rob old rusted bicyles, dog food, cat food, I forgot my 2002 Corvette Z06 with 30,000 miles. And my Carbonfiber Trek. ls forgot my pitbull that lives in the garage when we are not home.

Auto dimming rearview mirror from eBay

Auto dimming left side mirror glass with signals, right side mirror glass with signals out of an LTZ from Craigslist and a shifty individual.

Left A pillar assist handle from GM

5  2018 Nissan Titan SD Diesel 18" wheels and off road tires from Bulletproof Suspensions  in Mentone, CA.

1-1/2" hub centric and wheel centric spacers from Four Wheel Parts in Riverside, CA.

Cargo Bed with LED lights GM from eBay

Added 6 round eye load tie downs GM from eBay

Wired a second 5 lead trailer plug hidden behind rear bumper to install 60" brake, turn signal and reverse lights from eBay. (dont buy them from an auto parts store, I bought mine for $21 on eBay)

Black grille bowtie from GM - all other emblems shaved.

2 extra horns same as what the truck came with from eBay.
      Chevy center caps shaved off in the back and glued them to the old Nissan  ones. People ask me if they are from the 2020 HD trucks. LOL I had them before GM

I did all the installs, including wiring like GM would put. -  All emblem removal by yours truly. 

1. In the works... Katskin leather seating.
      2. Replace all the POS speakers, one blown already.
      3. Wire my Radar Detector

Questions? PM

Ernie
      previously lovecars.com
      now lovecars.co

• By Silverbullet1000
      Hi guys,

Does anyone know a auto product designer? If so, please message me directly for more information.

Thanks!

-Silver bullet
    • By Budman Jones
      Planning on leveling my 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 with the MotoFab front 3" and rear 2" leveling kit.  Planning on fitting 33" inch tires on my truck after.

Trying to decide if I want 18" wheel rims or 20" wheel rims.. so if you could post pics of your trucks that would be great. Thanks!