In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

1 hour ago, ShotgunZ71 said:

Can you just plug the camera into the bumper connections and the trailer into the bed?

You can, but with a 5h wheel, the bumper connection is a bad location for turning.  It was set up more for bumper pulls, apparently. 

52 minutes ago, ShotgunZ71 said:

Can you just plug the camera into the bumper connections and the trailer into the bed?

You can.  You just have to leave a huge loop because 5th wheels and GN can turn so sharp.  

13 hours ago, es2020HD said:

You can, but with a 5h wheel, the bumper connection is a bad location for turning.  It was set up more for bumper pulls, apparently. 

13 hours ago, MTU Alum said:

You can.  You just have to leave a huge loop because 5th wheels and GN can turn so sharp.  

Thanks. That's what I was figuring, due to the length, you'd have to have a lot of slack to go back toward the bumper for turns.

20 hours ago, powerhaulic said:

The plugs will interchange positions, no problem.

The issue is the video cable length in the truck, am currently researching an extension cable to make this happen easily.

I have been keeping a close watch on the camera cable issues. I did research and came across this on Amazon. see what you think

SyncArrow Premium PRO-Grade 1080P HD Premade 2-In-1 Multi-Purpose Fire-Rated Double Shielded BNC Video Power Extension Cord CCTV Combo Coaxial Cable with BNC RCA (PRO-15M2W, 50 feet, White)

It made for HD grade signal. Its cheap enough and the length appears to be in the right area. 

Chuck

With all the talk of the wired connection being problematic with turning on fifth wheels/GNs.  Is there any wireless system that would plug directly into the system?  Seems like this would be the no brainer way to do things.

12 hours ago, MrGraff said:

With all the talk of the wired connection being problematic with turning on fifth wheels/GNs.  Is there any wireless system that would plug directly into the system?  Seems like this would be the no brainer way to do things.

I understand there is interference from the trailer and truck tire sensors. This is a reason also I understand for a hard wire is the HD display. 

Chuck

I have received mine and installed on my Jayco Eagle. I haven't completed the cable ties/mounting, but I have mounted the camera. I took the factory camera prep off and caulked the hole for the factory wiring and also put some on the mounting screws before I put them back in. Then, I put silicone caulk on the camper area and the mounting bracket and used the "temp" double-sided tape as a gasket also. Then I fastened the bracket to the camper with screws.

The picture looks very good, and have not not yet tried to see if it will do any part of the transparent camera option since it's a 5th wheel and I ran out of daylight yesterday. I did like the view where it shows the trailer camera and both mirror cameras in the same screen shot. Very helpful when backing up the trailer. Hope to get it finished up today if the weather cooperates. 

I have received mine and installed on my Jayco Eagle. I haven't completed the cable ties/mounting, but I have mounted the camera. I took the factory camera prep off and caulked the hole for the factory wiring and also put some on the mounting screws before I put them back in. Then, I put silicone caulk on the camper area and the mounting bracket and used the "temp" double-sided tape as a gasket also. Then I fastened the bracket to the camper with screws.

The picture looks very good, and have not not yet tried to see if it will do any part of the transparent camera option since it's a 5th wheel and I ran out of daylight yesterday. I did like the view where it shows the trailer camera and both mirror cameras in the same screen shot. Very helpful when backing up the trailer. Hope to get it finished up today if the weather cooperates. 

Would you be willing to share some pictures of your setup?

2 hours ago, MrChips said:

Would you be willing to share some pictures of your setup?

I will try and get some pics once I get it all completed. Thinking of running the wire right under the gutter instead of along the roof. Going to do both and see which was looks best and gives better functionality for hookup.

This is a pic of the back routing, then it goes along the roof and comes down at front cap. I will try to post that pic as well. Looked better than below the gutter, BTW.

IMG_20191009_183155.jpg

Here's the front cap routing. I have left it loose underneath after fastening at corner with the slack for attachment to bumper. 

IMG_20191009_183227.jpg

Here's the front cap routing. I have left it loose underneath after fastening at corner with the slack for attachment to bumper. 

IMG_20191009_183227.jpg

Looks great!  When you hook it up to your truck again, can you snap a shot of how you handled it from front cap to bumper?  Trying to visualize how that would work for turns.

9 hours ago, es2020HD said:

Looks great!  When you hook it up to your truck again, can you snap a shot of how you handled it from front cap to bumper?  Trying to visualize how that would work for turns.

What I did is put one anchor as soon as it turns under the cap and left the rest loose so I have plenty of slack for turning. My 5er is 42', so there is a good amount of cable in the kit. I was a bit concerned about having enough, but it's good. I'll try to get a pic when I hook up next time.

11 minutes ago, ShotgunZ71 said:

What I did is put one anchor as soon as it turns under the cap and left the rest loose so I have plenty of slack for turning. My 5er is 42', so there is a good amount of cable in the kit. I was a bit concerned about having enough, but it's good. I'll try to get a pic when I hook up next time.

Thank you very much!  My 5th wheel is about the same length so glad to know it will work.

12 hours ago, ShotgunZ71 said:

IMG_20191009_183227.jpg

Looks great, thanks for sharing!