T1 Denali/High Country Cluster Retrofit Update

On 9/5/2019 at 7:29 AM, GTPprix said:

Hey Gang,

Just wanted to let everyone know that we've updated the cluster retrofit information on our website for the T1's to include applicable part numbers through 2020 including US Spec, Export (Canadian/KMH units etc) and Diesel Part numbers for 2020's. We hope to have pricing on the 2020 units soon so we can start offering those as well for those of you who aren't able to find any used/secondary market units :)

Is this gonna be a precursor to getting steering wheel controls to work on 2019 Customs? I read through all the 2018 and older threads and you were a huge help. I'd love to get that figured out for 2019 and up now that I have a High Country steering wheel installed on my Custom TB!

IMG_20191003_065656_815.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2019 at 11:14 AM, FuriousFuria said:

Is this gonna be a precursor to getting steering wheel controls to work on 2019 Customs? I read through all the 2018 and older threads and you were a huge help. I'd love to get that figured out for 2019 and up now that I have a High Country steering wheel installed on my Custom TB!

IMG_20191003_065656_815.jpg

Where did you get that steering wheel? I have a custom and miss my radio controls on the steering wheel. And was hard to install?

• 2 weeks later...

Just did this high country retro fit and have a few questions to other who have also switched them out. First my odometer stayed the same but my engine hours were reset. Second my miles to empty showed much more miles that it should have after install 267 when it was 153 before. The cluster gauge reading was accurate and the same as before the install but again the distance till empty was way over. Third has anyone had any issues with the Chevy app after the swap my fuel range says 153 which is what it was before the swap just fueled up and it’s still at 153 yet showing full 24 gallons and the distance till empty now says 616 any help would be appreciated 

1BD12B50-CF0F-4D87-9B0F-2A90F17F6226.jpeg

1 hour ago, NICK19LTZ said:

Just did this high country retro fit and have a few questions to other who have also switched them out. First my odometer stayed the same but my engine hours were reset. Second my miles to empty showed much more miles that it should have after install 267 when it was 153 before. The cluster gauge reading was accurate and the same as before the install but again the distance till empty was way over. Third has anyone had any issues with the Chevy app after the swap my fuel range says 153 which is what it was before the swap just fueled up and it’s still at 153 yet showing full 24 gallons and the distance till empty now says 616 any help would be appreciated 

1BD12B50-CF0F-4D87-9B0F-2A90F17F6226.jpeg

So I did the cluster swap as well and I'm having the exact same issue.  I can deal with the engine hours being off, however, I have an issue with the fuel gauge being off for obvious reasons.  That said, I did notice that my average MPG was around 40mpg after the install.  I'm hoping once I drive around and get the average MPG down the miles to empty and fuel gauge will be accurate.  Any help would be appreciated.

• Thanks 1

Totally normal on a new cluster as it has no baseline. After your first full tank of gas is consumed and a fill up it will normalize.

Engine Hours wise we cover that in the product description. If you want those programmed you'd just put the Total and Idle hours in the order notes.

Those of you who have previously ordered and changed your mind about the Engine Hours we are willing to transfer those on the house just reach out via our website and we'll get you setup.

Edited by GTPprix

2 hours ago, GTPprix said:

Totally normal on a new cluster as it has no baseline. After your first full tank of gas is consumed and a fill up it will normalize.

Engine Hours wise we cover that in the product description. If you want those programmed you'd just put the Total and Idle hours in the order notes.

Those of you who have previously ordered and changed your mind about the Engine Hours we are willing to transfer those on the house just reach out via our website and we'll get you setup.

Got it thanks.  Good to know about the gas tank issue.  I recommend putting a note on your website to give potential buyers a heads up.

2 hours ago, GTPprix said:

Hey Chris, on a 2019 Custom TB can I purchase either the 19 or 20 cluster or only the 19 cluster would work?

29 minutes ago, Sotally Tober said:

Got it thanks.  Good to know about the gas tank issue.  I recommend putting a note on your website to give potential buyers a heads up.

Good call. Just updated that product with a whole new FAQ section similar to the K2 product and added that in as well; thank you for the feedback!

7 minutes ago, FuriousFuria said:

Hey Chris, on a 2019 Custom TB can I purchase either the 19 or 20 cluster or only the 19 cluster would work?

You should use a 2019 since you still have a factory warranty and that would allow you to keep it.

• Thanks 1

I'm about 10 seconds from pulling the trigger on this, however I have one question: I have a 2019 Custom w/4.3L engine and NO Start/Stop. I don't mind having it on the gauge and not being operational, but want to make sure there won't be any operability issues. 

Thanks!