In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Can I make 2017 dash electrical work in my 1995

Hello GM fam. I'm new here and I'm searching for some advice for my project build. I have the remains of a salvaged '17 GMC. And I was wondering the possibility of making the dash and radio work in my project '95 GMC. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU!

20190905_095707.jpg

Holy smokes, what a project! Do you have all the modules from the donor? If you grab all the modules, wire harnesses, etc, you should be able to make it work, but I don't think your gauges will talk to your TBI/4l60 setup. Are you swapping drivetrains too?

• Like 1

Should be fine if you are transplanting the engine, transmission and all the electrical harnesses from your donor to the '95.

Anything less than that, you are in for a world of hurt.  The radio is likely coded to work the ecm (as in, it checks that the ecm vin matches it's own, it does for my '04 Sierra), and the IP is primarily digitally controlled.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Brandon Raphael Mattingly
      So I have a 2017 Silverado 1500 5.3 3.42 gears with towing package(not NHT).  I have installed Bilstein 5100s on all four corners. Tow mirrors being shipped as we speak. Air bags are up next.  Here is my dilemma. My wife has her heart set on a Forest River Vibe 32BH.  It is 38 feet long, dry weight of 7400#, cargo capacity of 2300# and a hitch weight of 930# fully loaded.  I don’t plan to ever haul with full water, and I highly doubt I ever put 2300# of gear in it. We plan on towing it in our local area with 1 trip a year from Virginia to New York.  I will also be the only one in the vehicle when towing as she and the kids will go in our van.  Just want to get some of your thoughts on this setup. Thank you. 
    • By Andy G
      Truck drives fine but obviously it isn’t good. Haven’t noticed any oil puddles on the floor or any big leaking. What you guys think it can be? Here’s a pic. 

• By Jesus Enrique Villanueva
      So I have a 2017 Silverado 5.3, 6 speed 4wd and my transmission went out and I’m going to purchase a used one and I came across a good deal on a 2014 Silverado That there parting out. So my question is will that transmission be a plug n play situation or do they have different type of transmissions he said it’s also a 5.3 with 4wd thanks in advance 
    • By Mjharden
      Just picked up brand new 2019 LT Trail Boss yesterday, and the infotainment screen is completely unresponsive! Nothing happens at all when you touch the screen. Everything shows up and is visible, but you have to use the physical buttons below the screen to get anything to work.  They told me to bring it in first thing Monday morning to try and fix. Has this happened to anyone else?

I came from a 2019 Ram because I was tired of dealing with all the problems, haha. I seem to have the worst luck! Hopefully a software update fixes the issue.
    • By sharpada
      Hey everyone,

So I made this account after reading thread after thread about the Intellilink system issues that people have been having. I literally JUST bought my 2014 GMC Sierra TODAY!

The dealership I purchased it from is about 1.5hrs from my house and about halfway through the drive on the way home from the dealership, the touchscreen would not respond. It still would show volume and change the song title when I used the buttons, but when I tried pressing any of the touchscreen icons to do anything nothing would happen. On a rare occasion, it would lag and think I'm pressing it when I'm not.

I got back home and immediately called GM Support. They had me "refresh" the radio, which was just turning off the truck for 5 minutes and turning it back on. It worked after that.

However, about 2 hours later, I'm back with the same issues. It happens randomly when driving. VERY VERY frustrating. Has anyone experienced this?? I am not having any blackouts (yet, thank God), but just having issues with trying to press the icons on the screen and them not responding.

ANY and ALL feedback would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks guys!!
      Adam