Low oIl pressure and poor cold idle on 2.7 litre.

I took delivery of my new 2019 Silverado with the 2.7 turbo.

I have to admit I had my concerns with a four cylinder in a full size truck.  Not a problem.

Get past the initial turbo lag and pulls like a V8.  Love the power.

I do have a couple of concerns.

First, is what I would call extremely low oil pressure.  Dash gauge shows hot engine 15 at idle, less then 30 at higher rpm.

Is this normal?  Is there a problem with gauge or engine?

Also a severe misfire and shake at cold start.  It takes about 2 minutes for it to clear up.

1 hour ago, TBistue01 said:

I took delivery of my new 2019 Silverado with the 2.7 turbo.

I have to admit I had my concerns with a four cylinder in a full size truck.  Not a problem.

Get past the initial turbo lag and pulls like a V8.  Love the power.

I do have a couple of concerns.

First, is what I would call extremely low oil pressure.  Dash gauge shows hot engine 15 at idle, less then 30 at higher rpm.

Is this normal?  Is there a problem with gauge or engine?

Also a severe misfire and shake at cold start.  It takes about 2 minutes for it to clear up.

I have a 2.7 also, and I haven’t had any low oil pressure readings or cold start issues. I would say mine start up/idle is extremely smooth, sometimes I can’t tell if the truck is running or not. Might want to get that checked out. 

4 hours ago, LT4Banger said:

Mine gets up to 30 after warming up completely and stays around there for the most part.  

Have about 3.5k miles on mine still on original oil (50% oil life left according to dic)  and have smooth idle on cold starts.  Similar pressures to above.

In Seattle though so cold isn't that cold.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mine stays below 30 for the most part - and it will climb to 50-60 under heavy load (towing in the mountains). These have a variable flow oil pump - so it is not dependent upon RPM to determine pressure.

I have 11K on mine, and aside from an occasional rhythmic rumble right after start for a few seconds it is quiet and vibration free.

• 8 months later...

I have pressure around 26 to 30 when driving. Has only 2350 miles and I find the 2.7 turbo to be a great motor. Engine light came on once and stayed on , onstar says electrical problem, and abs problem . Made dealer appointment and of course the problem went away. On star did another test and no problem in the codes, a ghost I guess lol

• 3 months later...

I have a 2020 silverado 2.7l . Has been typically good. But today while driving down a steep hill in 3rd gear. Tcs turned off, abs light turned on, error message "service parking brake", and check engine light turned on all at the same time. Of corse all the lights turned off 5 minutes later. But pending code was still there P0301( misfire cylinder 1). Trans fluid @ 215°F . Anyone with similar issues? I barely have 1800 miles on it.