2019-2020 Silverado / Sierra 1500 Cold Air Intake by Roto-fab

Interested to see someone dyno the 6.2 with dfm and locked down computer. 

The engine they tested with would be the old tech 5.3 with afm which is still available in 2019 in some trims. 

Many are saying we won't see the gains with the new engine. Very interested to see someone dyno one to confirm before I purchase. 

26 minutes ago, Tonarcher said:

I was curious why the GM CAI requires a reflash of the ECU but the ROTO-FAB unit doesn’t?

Not sure but GM just sent me this in the mail to put under the hood for emissions since I installed the GM CAI.

Airfilterrecall sticker.jpg

Edited by Black02Silverado
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Black02Silverado said:

Not sure but GM just sent me this in the mail to put under the hood for emissions since I installed the GM CAI.

Airfilterrecall sticker.jpg

Interesting?

How do you like the GM unit?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tonarcher said:

Interesting?

How do you like the GM unit?

I like it.  Nice sound from under the hood.  For what it might add HP wise I can't tell.  Was it a waste of money, probably but since I don't have any other hobbies like most to me it was worth it. 

• Like 2

83A68C30-28FD-4426-8D2B-4444F62ABEC6.thumb.jpeg.d5ca2f549e4f3bd278cd97856a8be58a.jpeg

Had a tight window before rain, but I managed to get it installed here this afternoon. Took about an hour, maybe a tiny bit more if you add in my OCD cleaning stuff, unboxing and memorizing the instructions.

Put about 35 miles on it so far in varying speeds/ conditions as a test, and trying to get it to relearn. Sound difference is good, not over the top but noticeable above 50% throttle. Nice roar at WOT. I have the loud GM catback so really not a huge difference to me. On a stock truck it would be more noticeable. When in DFM, it doesn’t have the super annoying “gulping” sound my Airraid MIT did on my 2016. So that’s good.

The other good news is, it was easy to put in, I have no CEL and it looks pretty cool. I will do some performance testing with my meter after it has had time to learn and after the rain goes away. I have about 10 baseline 0-60 runs so if I can match weather conditions, I should be able to check with some accuracy...if it helps, hurts or stays the same. Guessing it won’t make much difference but never know. 

• Like 3

Couple more “during” pics I took. One is of the bracket for the new air box which might help it make sense for you installing, and then another with it about 80% done. Not really worth a write up, the instructions are spot on.

CEBEC0F6-D487-413D-BC9B-9465B09BF7B5.thumb.jpeg.46d0eb5f4c72cb22f38b120e5b0e91b0.jpeg5964874F-79A7-4F58-9328-E77AD3E6360F.thumb.jpeg.567dae51423368327b1e3ce2163a6d9d.jpeg

• Like 2

I started my install. Taking it slow. I ceramic coated the plastic pieces and air box [emoji16]

cb8b7aa98adff53458a1377b8c1c5c23.jpg

e9277ff6c2b381ee820719912de10bf8.jpg

The instructions are spot on very detailed (same as their other products).

Ryan B.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

One question guys the instructions say (3) 100-120mm clamps and (1) 80-100mm. All of mine are 100-120mm.

Ryan B.

Yeah, mine were all the same too. I suspect the smaller clamps they speak of are for smaller couplers that only the 5.3 kit would use/ include?

BTW, you win. I only spray waxed my kit. ?

Edited by OnTheReel
  • Like 1