In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Trnr1995

Fresh lifters and cam but issues.

Hello everyone, 

Just got my 2015 Silverado 6.2L back from a lifter overhaul. Truck ran great 15 minutes into town and a bit of city driving. When I jumped backed on interstate I got behind a few semi trucks going around 50 or 55. When my truck dropped into V4 it was shaking and shuddering. Almost lime a misfire. Like it was having a hard time pulling the truck in V4. As soon as it went into V8 it smoothed out no problem. It seemed like lower speeds it would shake. 

Anyone have any idea?  No codes

Thanks

Did you put a different cam in than oem? If so was it tuned for such changes. Also different cam might require size change on lifter sticks in order to for valves to operate properly.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

No. Factory parts. Covered under warranty. Seems to be running fine now. Wonder if it was in some sort of learn mode.

If i was you id turn off the afm dod stuff asap. Not worth the hassel you been through and could see again.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Trnr1995 said:

No. Factory parts. Covered under warranty. Seems to be running fine now. Wonder if it was in some sort of learn mode.

Sometimes lifters collapse when they don't fill with oil properly maybe you had a lifter collapse partially during V4 mode and spring up in V8 mode ? I would 100% have the afm turned off.

• Like 1

I agree, get a range device to turn off DOD, I played with that nightmare on an 08 tahoe. I tuned it out with hp tuners but it was too late and ended up having to do a mechanical delete.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1