AFM 5.3’s with high miles

Tonarcher

Looking for others with AFM 5.3’s,that have had good experiences while keeping AFM systems on and now have high miles?

I guess what I’m wanting to find out if these engines will go 200k without issues?

I understand I’m in the 2019//2020 forum,just thought maybe someone had experience from a previous truck because probably not to many new ones with high miles yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

My 2017 Sliverado 1500 4X4 has 86,xxx trouble free miles. Mobil 1 from the first 1000 miles, then every 6000 miles.

I am going to try and get another 3 years on this truck. Not a real fan of DFM, and start stop at this point.

I have 175k/5700 hours on my 2015 5.3. I will say this though... Since day 1, I've used manual mode and keep it in 5th. It keeps it from going into 4cyl mode so my Intel may not help you if you drive in D. Anyway, the motor runs smooth and still makes power. I had the trans rebuilt 5k ago, but I am very tough on this truck with work. Now it's going to one of my project managers for even more hard miles! a96ab6c40ad0efc824e340ab3d8baa63.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Although not a Silverado I am currently driving a 2010 Tahoe 5.3 that just turned over 200k.  It had some transfer case issues in the first 20k and more recently a fuel pump needed replacement but other than routine maintenance has been 100% reliable and trouble free. Oil changes have been done with conventional oils. 

Good to hear on the 200k milestone.
I recently traded an 05’ Colorado for a 19’ TB Custom.
The Colorado had 262k on it when I traded and was still going strong.
Just hoping for the same results with this truck.

J-man67
Thanks for that info.
Nice to hear from a happy owner.
:)
No problem. The interior still looks new as well. Nothing faded, no seat rips (cloth), nothing broken. I've really been happy and satisfied with this truck.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I had a 14 5.3 Sierra. The motor was rebuilt at 47,000 miles because it was burning about a quart of oil every 1000 miles. They ended up replacing the heads and intake as well when they did the rebuild because if all the oil and crud built up on them. I traded the truck in at 62,000 miles.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I've got a company vehicle that I bought with 60k on it, 2008 Silverado LT w/ 5.3. It's currently got 180k on it, burns some oil, usually a quart every 2k, it's been our plow truck for the past 3 years as well. Still on original power train, still going strong.

My brother in law routinely runs north of 200K in his GM SUVs and Pickups. He recently transferred from Houston to Slidell LA. He rented a uhaul loaded his 69 firebird to take there. I don’t know why he chose his oldest vehicle. The pickup he gave his daughter for college. It an 05 with 285K. Near 100 degree heat made the trip at speed limit no problem. The transmission was just rebuilt.