In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Has anyone removed the rear cab spoiler and third brake light?  Is it just a few holes underneath?  Do I need to remove the headliner to access screws?  I would like to modify mine and thought someone may have some experience.  

Thanks

Take it for what it is, but my dealer had to completely drop the headliner to access the spoiler bolts. It looks like in order to do that, they had to remove all of the trim up to and including the A-pillar. As well as the dome lights, visors and rear view mirror. I know this because they left marks/ evidence of removing all of this stuff.

The other thing is...if you take it off or disturb it, you might be inviting a water leak.

E11BD69E-D750-4043-94B1-3A3A40FEACD3.thumb.jpeg.1c1eec39fc6367185766ecf1743a276f.jpeg

Wow!  Sounds like a big job.  Ugh.  I really would like to install warning lights on it or in it for working on the road.  

They take off the upper sections of the A pillar trim and then pull down the rear section of the headliner to obtain access to the bolts holding the spoiler in place.