In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Davidj98

GM 2" lift install DIY

I plan to buy this lift and either install myself or throw my keys to the dealer.  Someone posted install instructions (thanks!) and it looks pretty straight forward. I'll save about $500 bucks if I DIY.

My question is has anyone installed this lift themselves and then went to dealer for calibration and alignment?  I'd love to hear from you.

thanks!

• Like 1

Google the PN, instructions can be found.

I received the GM lift kit today, plan to install tomorrow, I'll keep ya updated.  I have an appointment with dealer to install software and alignment Monday.

Edited by Davidj98

I have the pdf install instructions, PM me your email

Good luck, had the dealer install mine before I purchased the truck

Ryan B.

5 hours ago, Davidj98 said:

I received the GM lift kit today, plan to install tomorrow, I'll keep ya updated.  I have an appointment with dealer to install software and alignment Monday.

Who much was it? Prices are all over the place on this kit.

21 minutes ago, bullet3z said:

Who much was it? Prices are all over the place on this kit.

I ended getting the best deal on eBay at $1079.99 , seller was billcramergm

I finished install this weekend, at dealer now getting alignment and software install for camera and steering. Install went well, hardest part was compressing spring. I bought the McPherson tool from harbor freight which had just enough thread to compress springs. I was able to move much quicker on passenger side after learning on drivers side. I did break the end link to sway bar, don’t use an impact on that one!

I was surprised how detailed directions were, you really can’t screw this up, it even stated to use only hand tools on tie rod, upper A arm and end link! :)

rear was very easy!

3 hours ago, Davidj98 said:

I finished install this weekend, at dealer now getting alignment and software install for camera and steering. Install went well, hardest part was compressing spring. I bought the McPherson tool from harbor freight which had just enough thread to compress springs. I was able to move much quicker on passenger side after learning on drivers side. I did break the end link to sway bar, don’t use an impact on that one!

I was surprised how detailed directions were, you really can’t screw this up, it even stated to use only hand tools on tie rod, upper A arm and end link! :)

rear was very easy!

For spring compressing, I ended up buying one of these clamshell style tools: https://www.amazon.com/OTC-6494-Clamshell-Spring-Compressor/dp/B0002SRHU6 It's a beast, and you can use an impact to do the spring compression.  HF has one as well (called Single Action Strut Spring Compressor).

Yeah I prefer that style to just don’t use one very often, so bought on a budget 

on the instructions is a number you need also on shipping box is a seriel number  I did mine upgrade took less than a 1/2 hour to flash it I alos used a roughcountry leveling kit with factory 18" rims I went from ground/top of wheel well front 37 1/4 to 40 inch