Which Hard Tonneau Should I Go With?

Undercover Ultra Flex, they give you a 5 year warranty instead of most 2-3 year.

I have an Undercover Ultra Flex as well and really enjoy it as opposed to the old Access Covers I've had previously. It was on the truck when I bought it, but it works really well!

It's pretty quick and easy to take off in just a few minutes by myself as well. I pull a gooseneck trailer with my pickup and can have the cover off and ready to hook up in less than 5 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, mistermcgoo said:

Thanks for all of the suggestions guys! Appreciate all of the input.. I'm leaning more towards the RC I think

My personal review of the RC

I purchased the RC but returned it after see my brothers extang solid fold 2.0

the fit and finish on the rc does not compare to the extang 

RC rubber seals are exposed all the way around where the extanG they are covered and in the  Florida heat I did not see this lasting 

RC The trifold joints are exposed - extang covers them 

finally the finish on the RC top is a shiny black where the extang was a mat black all over 

i did did not purchase the extang only cause I did not want to spend 900 on a cover 

i settled for a truxedo truxport and hate it. Too much of a pain to roll up and roll back.  But 300 compared to 600 or 900

another thing I asked RC how come they only post 5 star reviews 

I gave it a three and they did not post lol

• Like 1

Shortly after getting my Silverado in early 2016, I wanted a decent tonneau cover and went with the BAK Revolver X2. https://bakflip.com/p/bak-revolver-x2-tonneau-cover/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3bbt_uzM5AIVUB-tBh0uogH4EAAYASAAEgJLtfD_BwE

It looked good, sat flush, and kept water out really well. It rolled up and also had aluminum slats which gave it strength. When the bed was shut and locked, the bed was secure because the latch was underneath along with the aluminum slats going fully side to side. I ended up removing it after 2 years only because I needed a topper more. BAK now has the X4 version.

• 4 months later...
On 9/12/2019 at 12:07 PM, va_whitewater said:

I have an Extang Encore. I've had much better luck with covers that sit on top of the rails. They leak much less than the flush style.

How's the Extang Encore holding up?  Just ordered one myself.  You program it to the key in your fob?  

8 hours ago, Philipgonzales3 said:

How's the Extang Encore holding up?  Just ordered one myself.  You program it to the key in your fob?  

Great, it held up better than the truck. After multiple tries to smooth out my 8 speed I gave up and bought an F-150 a few weeks ago and sold the cover. I had a 2017 Sierra so the key wasn’t in the fob, but I did program it to my key and it worked perfectly. After having it truck for 3 years it wasn’t faded, the latches still worked, and it didn’t leak. As long as you take your time installing it and make sure to seal all of the gaps I think you’ll really enjoy it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, va_whitewater said:

Great, it held up better than the truck. After multiple tries to smooth out my 8 speed I gave up and bought an F-150 a few weeks ago and sold the cover. I had a 2017 Sierra so the key wasn’t in the fob, but I did program it to my key and it worked perfectly. After having it truck for 3 years it wasn’t faded, the latches still worked, and it didn’t leak. As long as you take your time installing it and make sure to seal all of the gaps I think you’ll really enjoy it. 

Ok, great to hear about the cover, sorry to hear about the truck.  As long as you are in something that is reliable and works for your needs then that is all that matters.  I'm getting the cover installed by an Extang preferred installer.  Was still cheaper than any prices I found online so I'm sure they will make sure it is setup right or fix it if it is not.