In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

ProffPryor

2019 Silverado non-bose dash speaker options

Greetings from Texas,

New to the forum and this is my very first post. 

Looking to install component system in new silverado, will the Morel CCWR254
2-1/2" midrange speakers fit in the 2-3/4" opening in the dash?

Thanks in advance for any and all help! 

Following. Anyone know how to get access to the dash speakers? Do you have to remove the A pillar trim? 

I've already replaced the door speakers. Big improvement. 

what'd you put in your doors? powered by the head or an amp??

Jason Brown Rockford Fosgate P1692 front and R165X3 rear. Powered by head unit. Do you know how to get access to the dash speakers? 

I dont, i went to the only installer where i'm located, pretty much looked at crutchfield and wanted to outfit it with stuff from his shop, mainly memphis..memphis has 2-3/4 dash that fit the opening i'm asking about.

I dont plan on doing the install myself, right now I have some Morel Tempo Ultra 602 Integra for the back door and Morel Tempo Ultra 692 for the front... next speaker group is the dash..

10 hours ago, oifvet said:

Jason Brown Rockford Fosgate P1692 front and R165X3 rear. Powered by head unit. Do you know how to get access to the dash speakers? 

Here's how you get into dash. 

On 9/15/2019 at 2:37 AM, ProffPryor said:

...Here's how you get into dash. 

Personally, I've found good dash speakers can make a dramatic, easy improvement to sound quality...usually easy.  I'm holding off for now until I get some other projects out of the way...it looks like a P.I.A.

It’s really easy. Take the pillars off first, then the fuse cover panels. You’ll see the screws you need to remove. Takes about 5min on the driver side. Passenger side is a bit more of a pain but still easy. 

I replaced my dash speakers and I’m not happy. The new speakers are definitely an upgrade over the Bose, they sound clearer and cleaner however! Now the soundstage is messed up. You can hear the closer speaker and unless you balance it a few notches to the other side it’s annoying. My wife noticed it too from the passenger seat.

How does the soundstage sound? I’ve got a set of tweeters coming in a JL component set and was hoping this will help instead of the 3.5” infinity’s that I butchered in there. They really don’t fit properly.

Did you use a crossover or just hook it up?

Edited by dw91

I'm not sure what soundstage is but it sounds really good. Loud crisp highs. I just hooked them straight up. They are sitting in adapters that can be trimmed to fit the tweeter. The adapters I had were for my Tacoma. They fit but I could only get one bolt in. Good enough. 

19 minutes ago, oifoefvet said:

I'm not sure what soundstage is but it sounds really good. Loud crisp highs. I just hooked them straight up. They are sitting in adapters that can be trimmed to fit the tweeter. The adapters I had were for my Tacoma. They fit but I could only get one bolt in. Good enough. 

Does it sound like the music is coming more from one side than the other or like there’s someone performing in front of you?

Mine is loud and clear but like I said, the sound is coming from the corners of the dash instead of being spread out in front sounding like there’s a speaker in the middle of the dash.