95 c1500 New battery, new alternator, new belt still won't charge

I need help...I'm not to sure what I'm doing but I'm trying. 

I have replaced my alternator, battery, and belt and my truck still won't charge or stay on once jumped. 

I have a 95 c1500 2wd 5.7

about 2 weeks prior my truck just died on me on the side of the road so I thought it was the alternator cool changed that. Same thing happened a few days later the truck died. So I changed the battery. Didn't know at the time I probably messed up the alternator with the bad battery...so had to replace the alternator yet again. The truck worked really good for about 3 weeks and then the battery light comes on but the truck is still holding a decent charge so I figured maybe it's the serpentine belt changed that out. I jumped my truck and was letting it run in the driveway and within 15 minutes it died completely. I gave up for the day, this morning the truck is still dead but lights come on very dimly but if I try to turn it on to see the battery gauge it just makes a tiny sound and that's it, no clock nothing. I tried to jump it and the cables at the terminals were smoking....of course I quickly disconnected the cables and now I'm at a loss...

what do I do now??!! 

You will need to check wiring.

You have a block on the firewall that all the wires junction off of, the wires coming off have wiring that is fused. AKA fuseable link. Meaning if something fails the wire will break internally and it's difficult if not impossible to see with the eye.

The wire running from the junction block to the alternator could be shot but start at the battery and work to the block. Go from there.

You can replace it with a externally fused wire 

As you say it runs when jumped I would think you have power to the block but it could be corrosion. Check clean and test.

Edited by Mikebtte

7 minutes ago, Mikebtte said:

You will need to check wiring.

You have a block on the firewall that all the wires junction off of, the wires coming off have wiring that is fused. AKA fuseable link. Meaning if something fails the wire will break internally and it's difficult if not impossible to see with the eye.

The wire running from the junction block to the alternator could be shot but start at the battery and work to the block. Go from there.

You can replace it with a externally fused wire 

As you say it runs when jumped I would think you have power to the block but it could be corrosion. Check clean and test.

What is a firewall? 

1 hour ago, mari Aguilar said:

I'm sorry im new to this can u please explain a little more...I have not in slightest clue about anything electrical 

Understood,

Look at what I posted in the last post. 

That is were all the electrical slits off. Look at the wiring and see if it's all corroded. If so it will need taken apart and cleaned. See if that helps

41 minutes ago, Mikebtte said:

Understood,

Look at what I posted in the last post. 

That is were all the electrical slits off. Look at the wiring and see if it's all corroded. If so it will need taken apart and cleaned. See if that helps

But before you do so, disconnect the ground cable from the battery.

so long

j-ten-ner

• Like 1