2011 Crew Cab 1500 Z71 Tires?

Hello Folks,

Bought a 2011 Crew Cab about a year ago, and needing to replace the tires. I've had some Kelly Tires and Bridgestone Revo II's in the past with varying results. Wondering what you guys are running? I'd like something that's good in rain and snow, but that's also quiet and long lasting. I don't do any off roading. Hoping you guys can help me narrow down what to pick. Thanks in advance.

Reading reviews and some on the forum should help you decide too, there are lots of tire threads to browse through.

Here are three tried and true tires.

Michelin Defender LTX

Bridgestone Dueler RHS

Firestone Destination LE2

I've run two out of those three and I live in Minnesota, I'd have zero issues with running any of those.

• Like 3

I am running General Grabber HTS on mine. I've run them on a 2003, 2012 and now my 2015 Silverado. Never slipped in rain, very good traction, quiet, handles great and good in snow. Here in North Carolina we don't get a lot of snow. Maybe a few inches at a time but the tires were great in that snow. Walmart also has a version of the same tire cheaper. I think the tread pattern is very slightly different. They are still labeled as General Grabbers.

• Like 1

Don’t wanna sound like a know it all. But I’m a used car wholesaler/retailer. I’ve bought and sold thousands of vehicles and have plenty of tire amongst other experiences.

I towed a 20 foot Stratos201 bass boat for years and burned thru tires like bubble gum. Back then I like Michellen.

About 7 years ago, my older brother, also a car guy like myself gave me eye opening advice on tires.

I had just bought a Tahoe Z71 with 26K on it that needed a “round of rubber”. He told me of a tire called Mastercraft Cousier MSR ( mud, snow, rain), don’t waste any ti e and go get them.

Looking into them, they weren’t sold in Florida where I have this Tahoe because they are also a “studdable” tire, and it doesn’t snow here.

I ordered a set out from Ohio to drop ship @ my door and mounted them @ a tire store.

I cannot begin to tell you how convinced I am with these tires. I’m on my 3rd set, truck now has 140K on it. We have “coral” rock in our roads. They wear great, smoothe on the road, perfect in the rain, and kick ass in the mud and slop while in 4x4 low.

I can’t begin to tell you my pleasure and I will not buy another SUV/pick up truck tire for the road and trail then these.

I believe Mastercraft is a subsidiary of Cooper tires ? Trust me, you will thank me on these.

I have not however used them with studs, so no review there.

c3b24248f34b7e01e4a0e0ff9d36ca63.jpg

17c3c4b35c2b1e2c0d3517685a57c3c7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When the boys were learning, ran Michelin LTX's. Absolutely great in rain, ice and snow. Many a story of them pulling cars out of ditches.

Once the boys moved on, switched to Cooper's htp for 60-70% of the cost. Only issue is with light rain on oil slicked roads. ABS has kIcked in a few times. Works great in light rain, snow.

tirerack.com is your friend. Enter your tire size, and it shows you what is available, reviews, warranty info, specs, and the prices that most local dealers will match. Firestone and Hankook both have new 3PMSF-rated AT tires, the Continental and Pirelli ATs are best sellers, and the Michelin Primacy highway tire is always on special. 

Edited by MaverickZ71

On 9/14/2019 at 7:29 PM, CamGTP said:

Reading reviews and some on the forum should help you decide too, there are lots of tire threads to browse through.

Here are three tried and true tires.

Michelin Defender LTX

Bridgestone Dueler RHS

Firestone Destination LE2

I've run two out of those three and I live in Minnesota, I'd have zero issues with running any of those.

I also live in Mn. I had all kinds of trouble getting stuck with my work van last year. I replaced with the defenders and never even slipped the rest of the year. I was very impressed