In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

R P

4.8/4L60 Swap to LT4/4L90 'Connect and Cruise

Planning to purchase an LT4 Connect and Cruise package and installing it in my '08 Sierra 1500. Any experiences with this install?

Never seen it done on anything newer, but you should have little issue. 

Could prolly get an LS package with the same or more hp and a trans and all you would need was a tune.

8 minutes ago, Mikebtte said:

Never seen it done on anything newer, but you should have little issue. 

Could prolly get an LS package with the same or more hp and a trans and all you would need was a tune.

That's what I was thinking. There are much more cost effective ways to get 650hp in an 08.  It's already setup to run an LS.   I'd spend my $20,000+ somewhere else. 

None of the stuff for your dash will really work but I'm sure it would fit in there.

The LT engines are a different generation computer/harness so the older BCM/wiring/Canbus is all different.

On 9/15/2019 at 4:26 PM, Brian715 said:

That's what I was thinking. There are much more cost effective ways to get 650hp in an 08.  It's already setup to run an LS.   I'd spend my $20,000+ somewhere else. 

I failed to mention that the truck will be an emissions legal daily driver. That will make my $20K+ investment worth it.