In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

What’s the cheapest most efficient 3/5, 4/6 lowering kit or drop for a 2014 Silverado crew cab standard bed 2wd 5.3???

Edited by BrooklynBowTie

Look up belltech and McGaughy lowering kits, they should let you know what you are going to need.

A rear flip kit will get you the 4-6in rear drop with ease. Some modification to the bump stop bracket is required.

The front is likely a drop spindle and lowering strut to get you the from drop you require.

Past that do more research on the this forum for what you need to do. There are several threads on these topics to browse through. And no matter what it's going to cost probably $500-800 for parts and alignment work.

7 hours ago, BrooklynBowTie said:

What’s the cheapest most efficient 3/5, 4/6 lowering kit or drop for a 2014 Silverado crew cab standard bed 2wd 5.3???

If you want to do it cheap than you need to stay on many different forums and eBay and wait on a used kit to come available.

Other than that you will be as talked about above $500-$800 for it to be correct and new. Flip kit by itself is going to run you $300 unless you go 7 in.

7" you can leave the stock stuff and just flip the axle. Bump stops will need modified, that can be done cheap!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By CanMan34
      07/12/2020
      Hey everyone, 
           I'm new to the game. I understand tire sizing but not fitment regarding clearances with aftermarket wheels. Looking for some advice. I know that I would like an aggressive MT in 33's. I'd like to get new wheels because I absolutely hate the stock polished aluminum 18's I have right now.  I'd like to get 289-295/70/18's but I'm not sure if that would fit with wheels with a -24mm offset and still have enough clearance in the wheel wells to turn completely without rubbing. My plan is to get the MotoFab 3 inch front leveling kit (strut spacer) before I go and by wheels and tires. 
           If you've done something similar, I'd love to hear form you. If you know of a good way that I could figure this out without buying everything first to test it, that would be great too. Thanks in advance!

07/13/2020
      Quick update: I've spoken with a friend of a friend who knows WAY more than myself about lifting trucks and the fitment of aftermarket wheels and tires. First off, he suggested that I don't put in a 3 inch strut spacer kit. His reasoning was that I'd be replacing ball joints, CV shafts, wheel bearings, ect. His rational was that the spacer would through the angles off too much and put excessive wear on many parts. He also said I could go through and change out the upper control arms to attempt to correct the angles a bit (at that point, I'm thinking, well if I'm going to go that far I might as well just wait and buy the real lift kit that I want). Another point he brought up is that if I were to put the 3 inch spacers in, it may through the alignment off so much that there wouldn't be enough adjustment in the stock tie rods to make the proper adjustments needed to complete the alignment. 
      So now I'm just in the process of re-evaluating what I want to do. Stand by for another update soon to come.

• By pascalgerber
      I am a proud owner of a GMC Yukon 2016 Denali. Since these cars are not officially available in Europe, I imported a Yukon. Basically, I am very satisfied with the vehicle.

But unfortunately, I have a problem with the vehicle, and nobody could help me so far: The car vibrates quite heavily and uncomfortably. The vibrations started when I stopped at the side of the road to let my wife get out. The engine lamp flashed, and the vehicle had hardly any power left. I drove about 1/4 mile, stopped again, and switched off the car. Afterward, I waited for over one minute and then restarted the car. The engine light stayed off, and so I was able to drive on. Also, the power was as usual again. But from there on I had vibrations which I didn't have before.

So I went to a service station to read out any errors and get some help. But there were no errors detected. Since the vibrations did not disappear on the next miles, I went to the dealer again. They reprogrammed the ECU unit with the latest software and balanced the tires. Nothing has changed. So I went to another dealer, hoping that it could help me in a better way. They told me that my tires were worn out and that they could cause the vibrations. We changed all four tires. The handling was a bit better afterward, but the vibrations remained.

Because in my country there are just about 10 GMC Yukon and a few Escalades driving around, no dealer has a clue and can solve my problem. Therefore I did a lot of research on the internet and on the paid platform of GM (ACDelco TDS) - unfortunately without success so far. 

I am also familiar with the service bulletins for the 8-speed automatic transmission. But I can exclude these vibrations so far. I have some of these vibrations in my car. However, I have now imported the right oil from Texas by ship, and I will do the oil change within the next days.

But the other vibrations are noticeable at any speed, even at only 1 or 2 mph or over 100 mph. Especially when I ride uphill or downhill, it vibrates a lot. As if I had no suspension in the back and the vehicle would bounce around. The vibrations are mainly felt in the seat. Very slightly also in the steering wheel. From the beginning, my car tends to steer slightly to the left. But I never paid much attention to this, because measuring the track showed that everything is ok.

I am aware that a remote diagnosis is challenging. But perhaps you have any ideas where I should proceed with my further diagnosis? Is the suspension the right start, the drive shaft, or the wheel mounting? Or could it be the engine mounting? Or something completely different? What is the best way to proceed?
    • By Real Rocky Top
      Where can I get the best advise/information about a false theft/no start multi-module shut down on my 2017 Silverado 1500?
    • By aWelderZ71
      Hello everyone. I've been looking for a raptor style grille for my '14 silverado 1500. I see ones online that I like but I can only find them for the 16-18 models. They have the 3 amber led's on top and "CHEVROLET" fairly large across the middle. For these, you can find them for 120-175 dollars.
      The only raptor style grills I've found for the 14-15 chevy have the amber lights but no chevrolet across the front. I've also seen grills with chevrolet across the front but don't have any lights AND they cost 500-700 dollars and at that point, I would just stick to the stock grill.

Anyone have any ideas on where I could find this? or ways that I could maybe buy the blank grill with the lights and buy lettering somewhere separately and somehow attach them to the grill?

I've attached 3 pictures. The first one is what I want but it's not the right year. Second is what I can find for my year and 3rd is the one with no lights, but has lettering across middle for 600 dollars. 

Any advice would be awesome!