UAW Will Strike As Of Midnight - GM Truck Plants All Included

Gorehamj

How can you not notice, that at ceo’s pay, you could hire 281 people and actually produce more, not just throw it away. 

Maybe the CEO is responsible for the additional people hired under her tenure. I remember a great CEO named lee Iacocca. Famous for the mustang. Who ended up savings Chrysler. Naaa he wasn’t worth the money either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As GM Sierra owner... its machts nichts.. as a GM stockholder, i am disgusted. The board is reckless awarding pay at that scale in a business that is competitive as it is. You simply can't be doing a great job as a CEO and have strikes going on threatening the business..The strikes are indicators of problems in the business. Again, the board supervision of the CEO is questionable. As a comparison, Microsoft's CEO is worth 300xs the worker bee pay. You ever hear of a MSFT strike or bankruptcy? ...

Edited by PPK

The UAW’s benefits are truly over the top compared to most US workers.  The pay is excellent too. But it is never...ever enough.  I know of UAW employees that get friends and family members prescriptions filled on their GM prescription drug plan where obviously there are no checks and balances for blatant fraud.  I think many things demanded by the UAW are just ridiculous.  

Edited by flatout71

Ford and Chrysler seemed to offer what they wanted, wonder what it was and why GM didn't do the same?

The ford and Chrysler contracts will follow the GM contracts. Same thing happens in the steel industry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

On 9/15/2019 at 5:40 PM, TXGREEK said:

Wish my Gmc was made in Japan lol! Seriously, I do..... emoji22.png

they do , its called a Tundra... i remmeber in late 90's toyota used GM parts on those trucks, brake and calipers i believe.. the entire auto industry is falling apart, every rock solid name brand out there, total turds with more glitches than windows 98.  see we're at the divide , in going full electric for all the fleets , and it's being held off cause the tech aint ready yet. once autos are full electric, then there is less need for laybor and manufactuering jobs cause they are simpler and more reliable to build and maintain

Edited by flyingfool

On 9/19/2019 at 11:08 PM, flyingfool said:

they do , its called a Tundra... i remmeber in late 90's toyota used GM parts on those trucks, brake and calipers i believe.. the entire auto industry is falling apart, every rock solid name brand out there, total turds with more glitches than windows 98.  see we're at the divide , in going full electric for all the fleets , and it's being held off cause the tech aint ready yet. once autos are full electric, then there is less need for laybor and manufactuering jobs cause they are simpler and more reliable to build and maintain

Tundras have been built in San Antonio, TX since 2008. 

Edited by lrtexasman