Took my 2019 High Country to the Dealership for an Oil Change.  Last Oil Change was ~2 months ago.  While there, they found and addressed 6 Open Recalls!  Oil change took 30 minutes.  Reprogramming took 2.5 hours!

Recall N192210460 Brake System Control Module Reprogram

Recall N192213550 Trailer Lighting Control Module Reprogram

Recall N182201852 Navigation System

Recall N182201851 Park Assist Control Module Reprogram

Recall N182201853 Engine Control Module Reprogram

Recall N182201850 Instrument Cluster Reprogram

You will have to get used to that, as it is new you will prolly have updates and recalls on the reg until everything smoooths out. Its new and a new design. Many changes will happen, part of what to expect when you by the first of a new model.

1 hour ago, Mikebtte said:

You will have to get used to that, as it is new you will prolly have updates and recalls on the reg until everything smoooths out. Its new and a new design. Many changes will happen, part of what to expect when you by the first of a new model.

Truck is a year old with 33K miles and these were the first recalls installed!

51 minutes ago, batman900 said:

Recall N192210460 Brake System Control Module Reprogram

That's the one that concerns me, I can see it was released in June but no mention of what VIN range it applies to.

In my Chevrolet app, it lets me know if there is a recall.  My 2019 is good but we got the recall on our 2016 Suburban for the brakes.

1 hour ago, batman900 said:

I think it's just considered a TSB and not a recall. So it won't show up. I believe that's how it works

I did not get notification of these recalls until I showed up for service.  However, my invoice lists them as recalls and all were tagged to be covered under warranty.

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, MacLaren said:

If a man has a recall on his truck, then doesn't GM send out a letter to that owner anymore?

GM has always sent me a letter stating a recall, like on my Cruze diesel for the one sensor in the exhaust.  Also the dealer contacted me on our 2016 Suburban brakes. 

58 minutes ago, Black02Silverado said:

GM has always sent me a letter stating a recall, like on my Cruze diesel for the one sensor in the exhaust.  Also the dealer contacted me on our 2016 Suburban brakes. 

Yes, I actually meant recalls. 

Thank you  for the 411

54 minutes ago, eppieguy said:

I'm assuming he was referring to updates, not recalls, as we all know there are a lot of software updates for these trucks. 

As far as updates are concerned, I have a pretty base LT Crew Cab Z71. Not even a convenience package 2, just a 1.

So, at any rate, how do we go about getting updates. I'm just thinking I prolly wont have many updates. 

I have the my Chevy app. 

30 minutes ago, MacLaren said:

As far as updates are concerned, I have a pretty base LT Crew Cab Z71. Not even a convenience package 2, just a 1.

So, at any rate, how do we go about getting updates. I'm just thinking I prolly wont have many updates. 

I have the my Chevy app. 

You need to go to the dealer and put your vin in to their system and it will automatically come up.