Noise under rear of truck

rwickens

So I have a 2019 Trail Boss with 4000ish miles and have noticed a pretty loud noise from under the read of the truck.  I do not believe it to be anything serious as it sounds like thin sheet metal clanking around when I hit bumps.  I have been under the truck and have not spotted anything loose or missing....any ideas?

Might be heat shields somewhere under there knocking into something when you're hitting bumps - if hitting them at speeds over 30-40+mph (fairly good speed for a bump).  Hard to diagnose specifically without actually hearing it.  I don't hear anything in mine like you're describing.

• 1 month later...

Purchased a 2019 AT4 a few months ago.  My 4 year old daughter's big wheel with plastic handles creased an 18" section of the drivers door as she bumped into it (she wasn't humming down a hill, just peddling, and only weighs about 33lbs).  The whole damn body of these trucks are paper thin.  What you think doesn't sound like something serious could be any peace of the body bouncing around.  

I'm disappointed with with a $60k+ truck that has a 2mm thick body.  It looks beefy, just don't lean on her.... ?

• Sad 1