Trail Boss Custom upgrding to the all LED headlights

Converted my 2019  Custom Trail Boss Silverado over using the GEN5DIY kit as well.  Love it .  If you never knew you’d thought truck came like this .   Heard some complaints of the LED LT headlights not being bright enough so I went with the next level up Chevrolet makes which is the HID LED HighCountry headlamps and went with the LT Trail Boss grill. 

E449B761-AB08-4F65-B4C4-EB99881EBB33.jpeg

• Like 1

On 3/13/2021 at 9:25 AM, boneill said:

Converted my 2019  Custom Trail Boss Silverado over using the GEN5DIY kit as well.  Love it .  If you never knew you’d thought truck came like this .   Heard some complaints of the LED LT headlights not being bright enough so I went with the next level up Chevrolet makes which is the HID LED HighCountry headlamps and went with the LT Trail Boss grill. 

E449B761-AB08-4F65-B4C4-EB99881EBB33.jpeg

Absolute beast!

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

This is pretty off topic but I've got a question about removing the grille. I've got a 19 LTZ and I'd like to remove the grille and put the black bowtie on and maybe the RC LED grille lights. Only issue is I've got a Ranch Hand full bumper on the front and only about 3" of clearance, attached a pic for reference. 

My question is do you think it's at all possible for me to get the grille off without removing the bumper? Figured I'd ask someone who has removed the grille. 

9BF4137F-DDE1-4520-8680-F9F0812CA496_1_201_a.jpeg

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/31/2022 at 1:59 PM, oorlando said:

Where can I find this grill/headlight kit from GEN5DIY?  I have a 2022 custom trail boss and this 2000s headlights definitely don’t look good.

2019-2022 1500 Silverado LED Headlights – Gen5DIY for the headlight kit and harness.

The grille, you will have to get on your own.

FYI - I did this mod on my 2022 CTB (did not purchase the lights from Gen5DIY, but did get the harness from them) and am not able to get my DRLs to function properly.  You can see the issue in the thread below. All other lights work perfectly, but DRLs do not stay on for me.

10 hours ago, Rob Sye said:

2019-2022 1500 Silverado LED Headlights – Gen5DIY for the headlight kit and harness.

The grille, you will have to get on your own.

FYI - I did this mod on my 2022 CTB (did not purchase the lights from Gen5DIY, but did get the harness from them) and am not able to get my DRLs to function properly.  You can see the issue in the thread below. All other lights work perfectly, but DRLs do not stay on for me.

Thanks for your reply. I been looking more into it and some other mods. 2 questions though, where you end up getting your headlights at? And is this harness really necessary what if I don’t get this harness? Is the harness a must? I’ve seen some headlights online that claim it would fit my truck and plug and play. 

I bought my headlights on eBay. The BCM in the trail boss is not programmed for those lights, so they will not work without the harness. The relay on the harness redirects the necessary power to get them working. I tried without the harness and it doesn't work. The others that are plug and play likely work within the same power spec as the factory halogens, so the BCM doesn't know the difference.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2022 at 12:13 AM, Rob Sye said:

I bought my headlights on eBay. The BCM in the trail boss is not programmed for those lights, so they will not work without the harness. The relay on the harness redirects the necessary power to get them working. I tried without the harness and it doesn't work. The others that are plug and play likely work within the same power spec as the factory halogens, so the BCM doesn't know the difference.

Have you gotten your issue figured out? What if you get your BCM programmed so it can recognize the LED DRL in the new headlight? Or is there a way we can make this harness ourself? Kinda ridiculous paying $350 (now price) for this harness from gen5

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2022 at 1:01 AM, oorlando said:

Have you gotten your issue figured out? What if you get your BCM programmed so it can recognize the LED DRL in the new headlight? Or is there a way we can make this harness ourself? Kinda ridiculous paying $350 (now price) for this harness from gen5

I have not had this resolved yet. I have an appointment with the dealer for an issue with the front collision detection camera next week. I am hoping they will be able to resolve for me... even if I have to pay for a BCM reprogram.

• 2 weeks later...

To anyone that was curious about my issue, I figured it out. The seller I bought the lights from on ebay swapped stickers on the LED module to say Silverado, though the SKU matched ones that said BBD SRR. These appear to only work with vehicles that have DRLs that double as turn signals. Once I ordered a set of Silverado LED modules direct from the dealer and installed them, all is working properly.

• Like 1