Driver side signal and brake lights

Hey all,

I have a 2013 sierra 1500, I went to wire a third brake light for my topper, and I may have crossed the wires (it was an old trailer plug that I already had wired in from the old brake light). I then noticed that I don't have signal and brake lights on the driver side. the passenger side lights all work. I do not have the third brake light for the topper connected. The drivers side tail light that I tapped into is back to stock. The fuses were all good, but I replaced them anyways. The bulbs are good. I replace the signal switch and the light PC board. I have after market tow mirrors, but I do not have any of the accessory lights hooked up. The running lights on the two bulbs up from and three in the back work, they just don't flash. Talked to a "head" GM mechanic for a hour and half, and he couldn't tell me what the issue is. So I am just wondering has anyone else had this problem? If so how the heck did you fix it?

When I had a topper installed on my 2012 I watched the tech.

He was going to put a module behind the drivers side tail light for the LED brake light on the topper.

I questioned him about his. When the module dies you buy a new one. Easy, cheap way and they sell modules.

He finally admitted there was a wire under the dash he could tap into and run a wire to the brake light.

Had him do it this way. 

Maybe yours has this wire also?

:)