Kevlar, Line-x, or powder coat chrome bumper?

I would like to de-chome my Shadow grey LTZ.  I've looked into different options for the  bumpers as they seem the hardest to do right. 

I might wrap the grill, but I dont wanna do that to the bumper as I cant see that lasting very long.   Their is a shop here in south Houston that will do color matched Kevlar for $650 if I take in the bumpers off my truck. 

I looked into Line-x and the linex Ultra seems pretty cool, but black would run me 700 and color would be $900.   The ultra is pretty smooth, not nearly as rough as the regular stuff.  Black LineX premium would be 500, but then it just looks like plain old bed liner.  Color matched is 750.    Black might be the easiest to touch up if it ever gets damaged. 

I dont know much about powdercoating yet.  Still looking into that one.  Not sure if they can factory color match or not.  I know none of these will be 100% perfect match since its a metallic color.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to do this so it looks decent and doesnt break the bank?

My absolute preference would just be to find someone to trade, but that seems like a longshot.

Thanks!

I would like to do the same but to be honest the chrome is kind of growing on me. Once I lift it and put tires on it I’ll see how I feel about the chrome. 

I talked to a buddy of mine and he said he would paint match the bumpers for like 600 if I took the bumpers off. He would sand, prep and paint them. Then I was going to have them 3m clear wrapped for extra protection. All said and done I’m looking at like 1100 bucks to delete the chrome on the bumpers, I’d rather spend that on coil-overs instead for a better ride and more height. 

I just called Allied Powder Coating here in Houston.  They said that if I took them i the bare bumpers the front would cost $190-375 and the rear would be $190.  The differences in price for the front was largely due to aftermarket bumpers with included grill guards, so I am guessing I would be on the low end of the cost.  They said they sandblast them down to bare metal before prepping for paint.  This was for any stock color, but not necessarily a color match.  I may go look to see what they have.  Even if I did black like a Trailboss, $400 is not bad and it would even be better than the black paint on a trailboss for durability.

I wonder how black chrome would look. Or to do it in the color of the inserts on the RST wheels I had them swap for.  Then I could leave some chrome and it would tie in with the wheels but not be overwhelming.

LTZ 2019.jpg

Edited by TexasGMCZ71