Auto Shut off - disable?

Jeff K

17 minutes ago, Minnvmax said:

Come winter it will seem like Im starting a helicopter with all the buttons pushed. Push start button. Push auto-stop button. Hold in traction control button to shut off traction control and stability control. 

Fortunately I have some small clipboards so I can go through my pre-drive checklist.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

People say they want the disabler because they are too lazy to push the button every time. But then...the time it takes to install that thing, plus the time it takes to work for the $80 to buy it far exceeds the amount of time/ effort anyone can spend just pushing the button over a lifetime. Solution in search of a problem?

99% of the time, I’m down in that area to hit the heated or cooled seats anyway. Not to mention the ignition button.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OnTheReel said:

People say they want the disabler because they are too lazy to push the button every time. But then...the time it takes to install that thing, plus the time it takes to work for the $80 to buy it far exceeds the amount of time/ effort anyone can spend just pushing the button over a lifetime. Solution in search of a problem?

99% of the time, I’m down in that area to hit the heated or cooled seats anyway. Not to mention the ignition button.

I agree plus the disabler has caused at least a few to end up with a dead battery. I hate it as much as the next guy but it’s not like GM  wanted to install it. 

• Like 1

Still dont get why people hate it.  I like it. Sure there are a few times i come to a stop and go right away and the engine auto stopped but not like it doesnt start right away.  If you are to lazy to push one button when you get in and start up, then you must have a pathetic life. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ChinkySuperman said:

keep in mind the product above will require you to remove the center console, this is the only thing that's stopping me from getting it.

It was easy. 

It's fun I have Auto Stop on my Tahoe

I like driving in parking lots  where people are walking in the middle of the parking lot  i just go slowing behind them as i'm creeping  forward on them

so when they look back it scares the crap out of them..  lol  did not hear that car did you

i get 23 mpg  city/Hwy (it will go up as my brake pad is dragging)

not too bad for a 6.0L engine with 379HP and 472ftlb torque 

Edited by bg1988

39 minutes ago, Snakes709 said:

Still dont get why people hate it.  I like it. Sure there are a few times i come to a stop and go right away and the engine auto stopped but not like it doesnt start right away.  If you are to lazy to push one button when you get in and start up, then you must have a pathetic life. 

i think they are scared of damaging the engine 

Mine with at lest Half of  million  AutoStop cycles is still going strong     

she starts up right away No issues..

Nothing will happen as long as you change the engine oil often enough,  the engine was well taken care of as it has

No Sludge  NO oil consumption  etc.

it has a 300volt 3Phase 60KW  starter motor  starts the engine much faster then a normal engine starter

Edited by bg1988