Insuring a 6.2 vs a 5.3

3000gt

I called and recently got quoted around $160 a month for my truck after giving my VIN.  When i did an online quote, no vin was provided just the 4 door AT4 selection and was quoted around 100 dollars a month.   I assume since i provided my vin the quote increased due to it being a 6.2.  That is an extra $700 a year.  Did I miss something or is this to be expected?

Same rate/coverage on both quotes BTW

Insurance quoting i latterly random. No insurance underwriter will ever write the same as another. Call multiple places and get quotes.

I had USAA quote me $120 a month and in the same day Farm Bureau quoted me $750 for a whole year. Everything the same on coverage, I compared them side by side. Get Quotes!

Edited by Mikebtte

1 hour ago, 3000gt said:

I called and recently got quoted around $160 a month for my truck after giving my VIN.  When i did an online quote, no vin was provided just the 4 door AT4 selection and was quoted around 100 dollars a month.   I assume since i provided my vin the quote increased due to it being a 6.2.  That is an extra $700 a year.  Did I miss something or is this to be expected?

Same rate/coverage on both quotes BTW

I am a State Farm agent in Alabama. There are a lot of factors that go into determining rates. That is a big difference though. I'm not sure what company you got a quote from but I would call back and speak to someone and ask them why such a big difference.

And I thought I was getting screwed!  GEICO total $1800/yr. for a '19 RST, ''18 Traverse Premiere and '18 Malibu LT.....for maxed out liability coverage and only $250 deductible on comp/collision on each, plus maxed out uninsured motorist coverage (for when traveling through a MD sanctuary city). Probably helps that I've been insured with them for 48 years and get a load of discounts for safe driver, Gov't employee discount, retired over 50, etc, etc. plus guarantee of no drop lifetime coverage.

Wow, I'm in California and I pay only $70 a month for mine but I drive about 250 miles a month. I am mostly using the car for now but will be buying a new truck to replace it.

Edited by Wiggums