Sierra/Silverado DRLs/Turn Signals

claw2791

All are familiar with the "wink" some vehicles do now days that have DRLs and the Turn Signals are on. Know it has something to do with visibility/distance from the DRL to the Signal, but can't figure out is why the T1 Sierra doesn't need to turn off the DRLs yet the Silverado does. The Turn Signal on the Silverado seems larger and more visible than the Sierra imo. [emoji2369]

Article from Jalopnik giving explanation on why they do in general but specific to T1s.

https://jalopnik.com/heres-why-modern-cars-turn-off-one-of-their-lights-when-1792394567

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Not sure why the GMC doesn't shut off the DRLs when turning when the Chevy does, but I had not thought about that until you brought it up. 

What's funny about these govt rules for DRLs / turn signals is that they are pointless at night when the headlights are on. My Silverado's LED headlights are so bright, I'm not sure it's that easy to see the turn signal at night. Of course, the headlight cannot turn off when signaling, but it's just a weird thing that the govt mandates this during DAYTIME use, when the DRLs are much less intense vs. the headlights. 

I would prefer the DRL's to stay on and in the case of the T1XX ours are well over the 100mm rule.  The government passes a lot of stupid laws that make no sense but they do not ask me.  This rule is a perfect example of legal jargon that has many loop holes.

1 hour ago, OnTheReel said:

I don’t like it either. Neighbor told me I had a headlight out when I was turning down my street.??‍♂️

Gen5DIY makes an override harness. I have it, haven’t put it in yet.

Would love to get a report back when you do. This is mod I would be very happy to do.