2020 Denali Door Rattle

Hey guys, 

When I play some songs, certain bass will make my doors rattle in a way that is extremely frustrating for an expensive truck. The doors on my truck just do not seem put together tightly or well. Otherwise, no issues with the truck.

I suspect its the frequency just vibrating the plastic a certain way...

Would I have a case to take it into the dealer to get them to tighten everything up under warranty? I only have 1700km (1000 miles) on it and playing music is kinda irritating me that I am hearing a rattle. Is this stuff covered under warranty? Its basically brand new. 

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Wheelguy said:

You’ve got a 36k mile bumper to bumper warranty for a reason, right?  I’d be taking advantage of it.

Honestly Ive been trying to find out just what exactly that does cover. Im sure it doesnt cover wear items, and unsure about rattles whether I will have to pay or not to get it looked at before its fixed.

10 hours ago, Hydro4acid said:

Honestly Ive been trying to find out just what exactly that does cover. Im sure it doesnt cover wear items, and unsure about rattles whether I will have to pay or not to get it looked at before its fixed.

It costs you nothing other than your time to call the dealership and discuss any issues with the truck & schedule an appointment.  As @oldmann stated, a rattle would be covered under warranty if the dealership can duplicate the problem and if they know how to fix it.

Basically, if you feel there is something not right with the truck other than normal wear & tear, the warranty should cover it free of charge.  Until you get to understand what is & isn't covered, ask the service advisor if you will be charged before confirming your appointment.  It's also a benefit to be aware that not every issue can be fixed upon its discovery.  It may take GM months or years to fully resolve certain issues & come up with a proper repair procedure.  This day & age, the dealer is often at the mercy of GM when it comes to fixing certain issues (think of things more complicated than a rattle).

Edited by Wheelguy

I have not taken the door apart on the new trucks, but did in previous generations and it is not that hard once you find where all the screws are. If you are into tinkering try popping off the door panel and see if you can figure out the noise yourself. There is bound to a YouTube video showing how to take the door panel off. I think usually there is a waterproof plastic sheeting inside the door that is held on by adhesive so don't tear that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, Hydro4acid said:

Hey guys, 

When I play some songs, certain bass will make my doors rattle in a way that is extremely frustrating for an expensive truck. The doors on my truck just do not seem put together tightly or well. Otherwise, no issues with the truck.

I suspect its the frequency just vibrating the plastic a certain way...

Would I have a case to take it into the dealer to get them to tighten everything up under warranty? I only have 1700km (1000 miles) on it and playing music is kinda irritating me that I am hearing a rattle. Is this stuff covered under warranty? Its basically brand new. 

Thanks.

You should prepare yourself for "operating as intended". I was experiencing the same issue in my AT4 with Bose. The Bose system puts all the bass in the front doors and this can cause resonance to occur with some songs. This was primarily the main reason i installed the Kicker subwoofer accessory to remove the bass from the front doors and put it under the backseat. 

You should still take it to the dealer though, just in-case they can fix it. 

• 2 years later...

I have the same issue and the dealership keeps saying that it’s supposed to happen since it’s “Bose it puts out a lot bass”  they hear the rattles and they’re like oh yeah you have the bass to high. Keep in mind I have it in 2-4 settings anything above sounds like the speakers are going to blow. The 2018 sierras w bose sounded much better. The 2019’s + sound like total crap. Can’t even begin to understand how did the Bose engineers  hear the system and thought it was amazing. I thought the kicker sub was only intended for non bose trucks. In conclusion this has to be the worst system bose has made for the Sierra let alone that little sub barely does something but vibrate.