Looking to purchase a 2015-2019 Suburban LTZ what problems should i look for

Thats interesting, as this didnt have that little slider do-dad on the dashboard either for trailer braking....  ive seen other trucks with that and the 4HI / 4LOW (which is a 4 with an up arrow and down arrow) on it, i assume thats what you mean by 2 speed transfer case?

Can i assume this 2 speed case was fitted with the tow package (trailer braking)?

Tow Package part

Edited by SFX Group

1 hour ago, SFX Group said:

Thats interesting, as this didnt have that little slider do-dad on the dashboard either for trailer braking....  ive seen other trucks with that and the 4HI / 4LOW (which is a 4 with an up arrow and down arrow) on it, i assume thats what you mean by 2 speed transfer case?

Can i assume this 2 speed case was fitted with the tow package (trailer braking)?

Tow Package part

Yes, that's the one. Tow package is 3.42, 2-speed transfer case, tb controller, and aux trans cooler. All features you definitely want. I think they give you the 3.08 otherwise unless you get the 6.2 which has a 3.23. 3.08 is kind of pokey, definitely sub-optimal.

31 minutes ago, Mandalorian said:

Yes, that's the one. Tow package is 3.42, 2-speed transfer case, tb controller, and aux trans cooler. All features you definitely want. I think they give you the 3.08 otherwise unless you get the 6.2 which has a 3.23. 3.08 is kind of pokey, definitely sub-optimal.

Thanks, clearly this truck did not have the tow package, considering that is likely a feature we will use, i did wonder about that.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2019 at 10:41 AM, Mandalorian said:

If it does't have a 2-speed transfer case, it won't have the 3.42 rear end and aux trans cooler. I'd pass.

Whats the best driving style?  from the selector its only AWD that has the "HI/LOW", so do i leave it in Auto or select 2WD unless i need 2WD?

How will it decide to use 4WD and at what level (HI/LOW)?

Canada i would need 2WD in the snow, the rest of the year i assume 2WD, unless heavy rain makes a difference with the power the engine can push out.

20 hours ago, SFX Group said:

Whats the best driving style?  from the selector its only AWD that has the "HI/LOW", so do i leave it in Auto or select 2WD unless i need 2WD?

How will it decide to use 4WD and at what level (HI/LOW)?

Canada i would need 2WD in the snow, the rest of the year i assume 2WD, unless heavy rain makes a difference with the power the engine can push out.

If you're on dry pavement, 2WD is fine, as is auto. Auto mode is basically AWD. 4-Low is for low speeds only, and typically off-road and really tricky situations, it isn't made to go over 5-10mph. 4HI is full time 4x4 you can use at any speed.

• Like 1