How do I make my truck the loudest/sound the best

Hey, just recently got a 4 in lift installed on my 16 high country 5.3. I want for it to be as loud as possible while still sounding great. Ideas? I’ve looked around at mufflers and can’t decide what I want. note that I don’t want to spend a fortune, don’t have the money I’m only 17

Edited by FloridaMac
Input

[emoji849]

Well for one, you're gonna need to disable V4 with a Range module or a tune.

The borla catback with dual exit sounds pretty deep. I would do that.

I only roll my eyes because I once wanted the same thing when I was under 20. It gets obnoxious when you can't even make a phone call with the engine on, or heaven forbid a long highway drive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I went with something pretty conservative with my first K2 (2014) that actually sounded good. I have a hell of a time finding that muffler online these days, but back then it was easy.

It was a GMPP "Sport" muffler that was cylindrical, marked with the GM Performance Parts roll mark, and was one digit different from a touring muffler with the same form factor. They were actually built by Borla, but sold through GM and would fit any truck with 2.75" piping.

It sounded pretty good, and I think it cost about $150-200. Maybe not even that high.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

You said cheap. Muffler delete add a pipe. Not enough. Resonator delete add pipe. Not enough third cat delete add pipe. Still not enough? Start chopping the pipe back to cats, put the resonator there no tail pipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want clean loud, Corsa Sport catback.  Loud when you want it, tame when you want it, no drone. 

If you want straight up loud, long tube headers with high flow cats, a tune, a muffler of some sort and an electronic cutout before the muffler/after the tubes. 

The guy suggested "not spending a fortune" and people suggest Borla ATAK and Corsa. LOL. As mentioned.. Cheap and easy: remove muffler. resonator, third cat depending on how loud you want to be. Still not happy.. Long tubes, X pipe and whatever mufflers you want.