Just picked up a new Denali duramax sweet deal!

I live in Colorado springs, Colorado and have been looking to upgrade from my 2017 1500 Denali with 6.2L as i recently purchased a "half ton tow-able 5th wheel"

while the weight is only about 7500 lbs towing it with the 1500 is ok but i plan to tandem tow my boat behind that which puts me right at the 9200 lb limit of the 1500.

i found that living in Colorado and going up passes my truck engine temp would climb on semi steep hills trying to keep the speed up.

so the answer was to upgrade to the duramax and 10 speed as i really don't think the Gasser with the old 6 speed and a 2,000 heavier truck was going to make much of a difference for up hill towing.

also with the strike, i knew inventories would shrink soon and Medved GMC had exactly the truck i wanted. i actually drove this truck a month ago and it still had not sold yet.

So, i worked my salesman over pretty hard, citing the fact Laura GMC is offering $6,800 off trucks on the lot all day long. (they have 8 almost identical to mine)

i ended up getting the truck for $7,330 below sticker through the costco supplier pricing incentive

in addition to that since i lease several GM vehicles i got another $500 off and i get a $400.00 gift card through costco that i will use for about 4 tanks of fuel at costco.

my sticker price was $79,495 and i paid 72,890 after dealer handling and some small title fees. $76125 AFTER tax, title and everything included out the door!

My sales tax is only 4.15% as i live out of the city.

got 5.3% APR for 84 months! i only did this to get the minimum payment despite the fact ill be doubling up on my payments or dropping 5-10k a month (i am commissioned sales) as the opportunities so come up. (my pay varies a lot)

all in all, i think this may be among the best deals anyone has got on a new 2020 duramax denali especially considering i am not located near a "volume dealer"

i spoke to a couple other dealers who had a similar truck and got told, "if you can find a dealer who will take 7300 bucks off, i suggest you buy it! We won't prostitute our trucks like that when we have a short supply to begin with."

and that i did!

on top of that, i drove my CTS-V to the dealer this morning by myself and no way to get both home, so they were nice enough to drive it home for me with the sales person in his own vehicle so i could get my car and the truck home as i live nearly an hour away from the dealer. I had a 2:30 appointment at the office to get to and made it right on time!

overall a great experience!

i've bought (or leased) 25 new vehicles in the past 23 years so i have had plenty of experience mastering the art of negotiations!

often, i help my insurance clients out when they need cars by doing the negotiations for them for free just so they get a great deal when they need a replacement car.

Anyway, so far just learning about the new gadgets and finding things i didn't know about the new design that really addressed a few pet peeves of my old truck.

next up. i need to get a 5th wheel hitch. i saw a thread here and got the info i think i need to get it ordered. last camping trip of the season in 2 weeks. can't wait to see how different it tow's. i would imagine i won't even know it's back there.

I see several of you having check engine lights and a few quirks, I hope they get sorted. only 200 miles on the truck and best mpg it got on the way home was 20 average.

we shall see..

happy trucking!

• Like 1

Congrats on the new truck! Did you get the factory 5th wheel/gooseneck package, or will you have to have your new hitch completely installed by a 3rd party? I ask because I got the factory package, then had a Reese Goosebox installed on my 5th wheel, so all I have in the bed of my truck is the ball.

Many times, shopping your local auto dealers in smaller areas may not give the volume price, but their attention and customer treatment is worth it. A lot of times you can get close enough on price where it's not worth flying or driving a few hours away. Not always, but most of the time. Plus, service and after-purchase care is usually better when you buy from them. Having a personal relationship with a local dealer has is rarely a bad thing.

That’s a great deal! Congrats!

I also got a good deal. I got my AT4 for $84k plus tax with a sticker price of $95k (I’m in Canada) so $11k off, which was cost plus $150 for my dealer. Every other dealer in my area said between $3-6k off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually have a truck picked out at my local dealership just in case I win the lottery and need to quickly get a new truck. ?  My current choice is a version of Op's and boasts a sticker price of $97K.   I think they put trucks like this on the lot to make an $80K truck look like a good deal!

Great deal - "Everybody said, go to Medved!" (now that you have the jingle stuck in your head...)

I also live in the Colorado Springs area and found that the deals here are available, you just have to look for them a little more.  My buddy went to Laura for his 2020 AT4 and got a great deal.

I bought mine from a different Colorado Springs GMC dealer.  I happened to find it when it was in transit and they ordered it in the color I wanted,  with every option I would have wanted, and one I didn't want - the console vault.  Lucky for me, the console vault didn't come in with the truck, so when it came in I just picked it up w/o install.  I have it for sale, in the box still if you're interested (shameless for-sale plug!).

Anyway, I went to the dealer before it was in and test drove a 2020 Denali.  The next day I took my 2018 down for trade appraisal and put down a deposit on the 2020 AT4 that was inbound.

They offered me $50k for my 2018 Denali L5p, which I accepted with the understanding that I might shop around my trade.  I went to a local Mazda dealer which is a KBB Cash Offer dealer and sold it to them outright for $54,600, which nearly doubled the savings in sales tax had I just traded it in.   I ended up skipping two payments and being truckless for 3 weeks.  It was worth it though.

I told the local GMC dealer I wasn't above making the trip to St Louis to see Laura and right off the bat they offered me supplier pricing because of my military service.  It also just happened that I got a rebate offer from myGMC for $1k off a new vehicle purchase made by 9/3/19 - after some transit delays, I took delivery on 9/3/19.

So, my original sticker price with options was an even $78k; supplier was $72,824.  With my $1k rebate, I was down to $71,824 plus 5.3% tax.

OTD I was at $75,630.67, less my deposit and my additional down payment.

And, I didn't have to bother with a 10 hour drive home from St Louis....

Nice find and deal! I was in the market to upgrade from my 2013 old body style 1500 5.3L and shopping for trucks that you guys trade in LOL actually a nice 3/4 ton gasser was what I was searching for and my wife was getting sick of me constantly searching and told me to test drive what our dealer had on the lot. The 2020 LT 6.6 Gasser on his lot was very nicely equipped and we took the plunge with the new 6.6L gas motor and new 2500 body style. With a $54,635 sticker price, we got over $4,000 off and that sealed the deal for us. I couldn't justify a used or new diesel, and this new 6.6L feels really good so far with 1000 miles and will easily handle what I tow. We have been using the same small town dealer that our parents have used and have bought a lot of vehicles from them. The closer and bigger dealers have never quoted us a better price, a better trade-in value, or given us better service. Kind of sad really, as we've given them several attempts to satisfy us.

Make sure you find out how many break in miles the dealer suggests you drive before towing. I've read 500 miles on here for "normal" break in, but some people have said up to 2000 miles for a Duramax and 10 speed.

7 hours ago, ShotgunZ71 said:

Congrats on the new truck! Did you get the factory 5th wheel/gooseneck package, or will you have to have your new hitch completely installed by a 3rd party? I ask because I got the factory package, then had a Reese Goosebox installed on my 5th wheel, so all I have in the bed of my truck is the ball.

Many times, shopping your local auto dealers in smaller areas may not give the volume price, but their attention and customer treatment is worth it. A lot of times you can get close enough on price where it's not worth flying or driving a few hours away. Not always, but most of the time. Plus, service and after-purchase care is usually better when you buy from them. Having a personal relationship with a local dealer has is rarely a bad thing.

mine came with the 5th wheel prep package, trailer camera interface, trailer TPMS module, storage bin under back seat and console vault. it was a 79k sticker i think the only option i don't have is the rear dvd player.

8 hours ago, SkiDooNick700 said:

You guys lost me at 79k / 84k / 95k sticker prices lol!

Congrats man - sounds like a sweet ride!

Lots of C$95K msrp diesel HD pickups 'here'.

Of course that's 'only' about US$71k

As the saying goes, dealer may sell for less. 

People need to remember, just because your truck drops a couple gears and you are doing 10mph under the speed limit at the top of the mountain pass does not mean your truck doesn't pull well. 

A D8 behind my 600hp W900 will get pulled down to 50kph up hills in Ontario that aren't mountains, take me down 8 gears. Still a great pulling truck. Not too many rigs out there can hold there speed up a decent grade with a real load on. 

• Like 2

Great deal - "Everybody said, go to Medved!" (now that you have the jingle stuck in your head...)

I also live in the Colorado Springs area and found that the deals here are available, you just have to look for them a little more.  My buddy went to Laura for his 2020 AT4 and got a great deal.

I bought mine from a different Colorado Springs GMC dealer.  I happened to find it when it was in transit and they ordered it in the color I wanted,  with every option I would have wanted, and one I didn't want - the console vault.  Lucky for me, the console vault didn't come in with the truck, so when it came in I just picked it up w/o install.  I have it for sale, in the box still if you're interested (shameless for-sale plug!).

Anyway, I went to the dealer before it was in and test drove a 2020 Denali.  The next day I took my 2018 down for trade appraisal and put down a deposit on the 2020 AT4 that was inbound.

They offered me $50k for my 2018 Denali L5p, which I accepted with the understanding that I might shop around my trade.  I went to a local Mazda dealer which is a KBB Cash Offer dealer and sold it to them outright for $54,600, which nearly doubled the savings in sales tax had I just traded it in.   I ended up skipping two payments and being truckless for 3 weeks.  It was worth it though.

I told the local GMC dealer I wasn't above making the trip to St Louis to see Laura and right off the bat they offered me supplier pricing because of my military service.  It also just happened that I got a rebate offer from myGMC for $1k off a new vehicle purchase made by 9/3/19 - after some transit delays, I took delivery on 9/3/19.

So, my original sticker price with options was an even $78k; supplier was $72,824.  With my $1k rebate, I was down to $71,824 plus 5.3% tax.

OTD I was at $75,630.67, less my deposit and my additional down payment.

And, I didn't have to bother with a 10 hour drive home from St Louis....
The two guys on Colorado springs area. One was medved. What dealer did you work with?

I'm in monument and dealing with Alpine now in the springs.

I'm looking at a 80k at4 and asking for 7k to 8k off the price.

I've got the costco discount thing also.

Looking to get 80k down to 72k if possible.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Gui272 said:

The two guys on Colorado springs area. One was medved. What dealer did you work with?

I'm in monument and dealing with Alpine now in the springs.

I'm looking at a 80k at4 and asking for 7k to 8k off the price.

I've got the costco discount thing also.

Looking to get 80k down to 72k if possible.

Heh, I am also in Monument.

I bought my 2020 AT4 2500HD from Ferguson GMC, on Academy Blvd.

In the past, I bought from Alpine North, up in Denver. 

Heh, I am also in Monument.

I bought my 2020 AT4 2500HD from Ferguson GMC, on Academy Blvd.

In the past, I bought from Alpine North, up in Denver. 
I'm going to play hard ball with them. I can go to Laura in St. Louis and get 7k off a new truck almost any day. That's well worth my drive there.

Hopefully they play ball.

If not Laura in St. Louis sells customized trucks for a cheaper price.

We shall see.

How do you like yours so far? What salesman did you work with?