Who remembers how to link the 3rd brake light to the reverse lights

So, all you have to do is jumper those two wires with the diode?  And then, when you’re in “R” both the back up lights and the cargo lights are on?

That sounds cool.  Where Is the fuse box pictured above located?

5 minutes ago, GN2018 said:

So, all you have to do is jumper those two wires with the diode?  And then, when you’re in “R” both the back up lights and the cargo lights are on?

I haven’t done it yet but I think it’s the bcm under the steering column 

Yep.

3a133408c688fb0b17f5349619bbc4b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess you can see if it’s worth it by manually turning on the cargo light the next time you back up at night.  That’s what I’m going to do so that I can see how much that helps.

I don’t think you can turn them on while driving
  • Like 2

I guess you can see if it’s worth it by manually turning on the cargo light the next time you back up at night.  That’s what I’m going to do so that I can see how much that helps.

That’s the reason we do this mod, because as long as the truck is in motion cargo light turn off, in order to use them you must be in park. Smh.

FYI in doing this mod I stumbled upon the fact that if you do it w/o a diode, and just use a piece of wire here the signal goes both ways and your cargo lamps switch becomes a “rear camera anytime” switch. [emoji1360][emoji1360]

So now when i tow I pull the diode and put in the wire. [emoji16]

Side effect: your cargo lamps (when in park) will trigger your reverse lights. Not a big deal but not really necessary.

• Like 2

FYI in doing this mod I stumbled upon the fact that if you do it w/o a diode, and just use a piece of wire here the signal goes both ways and your cargo lamps switch becomes a “rear camera anytime” switch. [emoji1360][emoji1360]

So now when i tow I pull the diode and put in the wire. [emoji16]

Side effect: your cargo lamps (when in park) will trigger your reverse lights. Not a big deal but not really necessary.

That wouldn’t be that bad, it would give you more light in the rear if you were loading things at night
  • Like 2