Sold 2019 and hoping for a change in 2021

aha1987

I hope they make appropriate changes for 2021 on the interior. I just sold my 2019 because I was wasn’t happy with it ( interior, problems, etc). I know there are rumors of changes coming but I sure hope GM gets their Sh** together for 2021. I should’ve kept my 2017. I will reconsider once they get all the bugs worked out and update the interior. I learned my lesson on buying a first year redesign. FYI, I am still a gm loyalist 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Aycock1987 said:

I hope they make appropriate changes for 2021 on the interior. I just sold my 2019 because I was wasn’t happy with it ( interior, problems, etc). I know there are rumors of changes coming but I sure hope GM gets their Sh** together for 2021. I should’ve kept my 2017. I will reconsider once they get all the bugs worked out and update the interior. I learned my lesson on buying a first year redesign. FYI, I am still a gm loyalist 

What did you pay and what did you sell it for.....asking for a friend LOL. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, jlong1984 said:

That's a shame. What are you going to be driving in the meantime? 

I know it is. I’ll drive my Honda Accord until I either find a good deal on a used truck or until the 2021 comes out which should be next summer

1 hour ago, Aycock1987 said:

That really stinks, having to sell off so soon probably not the cheapest solution. I know the feeling that you are going through.

Last Summer I bought a 2018 LT Crew Z71 5.3L which I've been happy with, but there a few features in the new 2019's including the look of the Trail Boss that has had those evil thoughts popping in my head for at least trading in for a 2020. I think if I would have gone with the LTZ, I would have been happier to a degree. My gut feeling tells me to just wait it out till at least 2021/2022 so they get the kinks out. We bought my wife a 2018 Traverse last year when they first came out, it was the first year of the redesign and we have had some nagging issues that has us thinking of trading that in next year.

Edited by captainzombie

Maybe the reason there was not a big change in the interior of the '19 over my previous '16 was because there was no real reason to do so.

Interior changes in the '19 are not so much to do with impressing someone with wood accents, color stitched leather, or huge display screens with touch button requiring the driver to take eyes off the road, but with refinement of existing ergonomics. Controls use buttons and knobs where necessary and touch screen buttons where operation requires many multiple buttons concentrated in a relatively small space necessitating use of multiple visual screens. And unlike a lot of competitors' interiors and controls, all the controls in the '19 are visible and conveniently at arms length, in particular the often used steering wheel controls, from the drivers position. Further the movements are intuitive and where necessary, especially with the factory Nav, replicated in the central drivers 4" display. If I want to be stunned by graphics there's always 4K TVs/discs; I want and expect rapid unconfused graphics in a vehicle. In fact I was initially disappointed by the simple less colorful in the new Nav, admittedly somehow easier to read, until on the Interstates.When approaching and exit it not only autozooms as it approaches, but in split screen shows and the exact colored graphic of the upcoming overhead exit signs  plus accurate depiction of the highway lanes and exit ramp including and travel of route to be taken on approach to and exit off the exit ramp.

A top mounted 8" display with half a dozen touch buttons at drivers eye level is better than any 12" display below drivers eye level with dozens of confusing touch buttons further than an arm length for a majority of people seated at the driver's position. All controls are marked and lighted, the interior door handles even lighted for a nice touch.

For those who think the materials look cheap, well then at least all the materials look equally cheap and blend in nicely and don't look great on the dashboard for the driver and like crap on the ceiling and doors. And I have no problem reaching and operating all controls while still keeping hands and the wheel and eyes on the road. Wouldn't mind if they keep it as is in the next version.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Thomcat said:

Maybe the reason there was not a big change in the interior of the '19 over my previous '16 was because there was no real reason to do so.

Interior changes in the '19 are not so much to do with impressing someone with wood accents, color stitched leather, or huge display screens with touch button requiring the driver to take eyes off the road, but with refinement of existing ergonomics. Controls use buttons and knobs where necessary and touch screen buttons where operation requires many multiple buttons concentrated in a relatively small space necessitating use of multiple visual screens. And unlike a lot of competitors' interiors and controls, all the controls in the '19 are visible and conveniently at arms length, in particular the often used steering wheel controls, from the drivers position. Further the movements are intuitive and where necessary, especially with the factory Nav, replicated in the central drivers 4" display. If I want to be stunned by graphics there's always 4K TVs/discs; I want and expect rapid unconfused graphics in a vehicle. In fact I was initially disappointed by the simple less colorful in the new Nav, admittedly somehow easier to read, until on the Interstates.When approaching and exit it not only autozooms as it approaches, but in split screen shows and the exact colored graphic of the upcoming overhead exit signs  plus accurate depiction of the highway lanes and exit ramp including and travel of route to be taken on approach to and exit off the exit ramp.

A top mounted 8" display with half a dozen touch buttons at drivers eye level is better than any 12" display below drivers eye level with dozens of confusing touch buttons further than an arm length for a majority of people seated at the driver's position. All controls are marked and lighted, the interior door handles even lighted for a nice touch.

For those who think the materials look cheap, well then at least all the materials look equally cheap and blend in nicely and don't look great on the dashboard for the driver and like crap on the ceiling and doors. And I have no problem reaching and operating all controls while still keeping hands and the wheel and eyes on the road. Wouldn't mind if they keep it as is in the next version.

Well said.

14 hours ago, Aycock1987 said:

I know it is. I’ll drive my Honda Accord until I either find a good deal on a used truck or until the 2021 comes out which should be next summer

My daily is an '18 Accord, the truck sits in the garage during the week. I love my Honda's. 

• Like 1

100% agreed.  GM dropped The ball in the interior. Big time. So much so that RAM took 2nd place in sells for the first time ever. I know some of you are perfectly fine with the interior but majority of people have spoken and they think it’s a weak attempt. Again don’t agree with me ? Look at the sales numbers.  We’ll see what happens , I’m not expecting a miracle as GM just lacks in the interior dept. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Thomcat said:

I actually prefer the 8 inch screen with buttons rather than Rams stupid 12 inch. I do feel like GM could do a better job on material and seat comfort. My 2017 seats were more comfortable than the 2019.

• Like 3