Sold 2019 and hoping for a change in 2021

aha1987

17 hours ago, Aycock1987 said:

I know it is. I’ll drive my Honda Accord until I either find a good deal on a used truck or until the 2021 comes out which should be next summer

2022 MY would be the halfway point of the T1 and a highly likely candidate for a new interior.  3 years with this truck, 3+ years with mid-cycle refresh (unlikely any new sheet metal/aluminum - think front end change like K2XX along with a possible new interior).

Edited by Wheelguy

2 hours ago, f8l vnm said:

100% agreed.  GM dropped The ball in the interior. Big time. So much so that RAM took 2nd place in sells for the first time ever. I know some of you are perfectly fine with the interior but majority of people have spoken and they think it’s a weak attempt. Again don’t agree with me ? Look at the sales numbers.  We’ll see what happens , I’m not expecting a miracle as GM just lacks in the interior dept. 

Did you buy a 19 or 20 or are you just here stirring the pot......if you did buy one, why are you whining about it now - unless you were legally blind when you made your purchase.  

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Someone has to be "that guy", 2022 will technically be the 4th year of the model run, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022.

If that's directed at me for whatever reason - 3 years with this truck meaning 3 years with this design (19 thru 21).  A mid-cycle refresh (GM's words not mine) would exclude "this" truck and start with 2022 MY.  If T1XX runs through 2025 model year, 2022 would be about half way since there are obviously no half year builds (2022 1/2).  Mountains out of molehills, really - point being when the refresh is potentially coming.  GM typically runs a bit longer than 2 years (2019, 2020) before diving into a refresh on the FST, particularly if they're going to work on the interior in a major way.

I'm happy with the truck to be honest and it's not even a fully loaded RST. Seems to me that everyone rants that they don't like this and that. It happens in every vehicle. Haven't had a car that I can say is 100% free of issues. My 2018 Escalade Platnium had problems out the lot including a seized caliper and AC blower taking a crap. My 2019 Rover has an engine knock at 4k miles. In my 8 personal cars and the 25 cars in my business fleet. They all have something wrong or just feels cheap. You can drive your dream car and still find something you don't like about it. Trust me! 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Wheelguy said:

If that's directed at me for whatever reason - 3 years with this truck meaning 3 years with this design (19 thru 21).  A mid-cycle refresh (GM's words not mine) would exclude "this" truck and start with 2022 MY.  If T1XX runs through 2025 model year, 2022 would be about half way since there are obviously no half year builds (2022 1/2).  Mountains out of molehills, really - point being when the refresh is potentially coming.  GM typically runs a bit longer than 2 years (2019, 2020) before diving into a refresh on the FST, particularly if they're going to work on the interior in a major way.

It was, not meant in a poaceous way.

GM can spin the numbers anyway they want, refresh will mainly be determined on how sales go, if they increase, it will be 2022.

If they continue to slide, it may be sooner.

6 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

GM can spin the numbers anyway they want, refresh will mainly be determined on how sales go, if they increase, it will be 2022.

...or if the strike lasts longer (LOL), they may have enough of a wait on transmissions in Mexico & other parts elsewhere that they could do it in 2021 but I doubt that will happen then.  Check my PM to you (in a few).

4 hours ago, f8l vnm said:

100% agreed.  GM dropped The ball in the interior. Big time. So much so that RAM took 2nd place in sells for the first time ever. I know some of you are perfectly fine with the interior but majority of people have spoken and they think it’s a weak attempt. Again don’t agree with me ? Look at the sales numbers.  We’ll see what happens , I’m not expecting a miracle as GM just lacks in the interior dept. 

.02  Unfortunately greater sales numbers do not always translate to greater quality, durability, experience or intelligence of choice. I know Chryslers first hand, I went through 20 years of them before going back to Chevys. In mid 70s when  the other "big 3" were switching to front drive designing new 4 and V6 FWD  transverse engines , Chrysler started using imported French engines and drivetrains....almost forgot the Mitsubishi interference engines which shredded cambelts at 60K miles and scrapped the cars. Chrysler stuck without updated engines and drivetrains for their heavy RWDs went back to their old fallback of reworking out of date technology engines like when they took their great 50s young design slant 6 and iron V8s into the 80s era RWDs where their grandpa lead sleds choked on all the emissions mods. Once again out of money and out of ideas they sucked their last breath in the '90s when Daimler used them stripping their electronic technology out of them and then forcing use of their engines and drivetrains only to be used and soon dumped like cheap whore. Now we get to today when they are owned by Italian Fiat, the first choice of European bottomfeeders, an honor once held by the Yugoslavian Yugo. The only good point of Chrysler engines is they are more durable than the bodies and the bodies are total crap.

Time will show how great that fantastic looking interior remains fantastic looking. Instead of dying in color, cheapo solution used on mine was to manufacture in gray and spray paint a colored finish. Evidently gray was the base color of the leather dust and polymer mix they use on the molded "leather" seats. I rubbed their gold door panels too hard when cleaning and that was the color that bled through. Their white and gold leather seats absorbed the dye from blue jeans which could not be removed by cleaning and turned grey if rubbed too hard, leaving a choice of white and blue or white, blue and grey. Only positive I can say is that most are a good looking so I prefer to look at others driving them. Once the sales continue to drop on that Volkswagen beetle wannabee Fiat is trying to hawk in the USA out of Chrysler showrooms it is arrivederci once again and likely they'll be begging for a Chinese takeover.

• Like 1

I think the Rams interior is nice and I am a tech guy, but they say nothing ages a vehicle faster than tech that's when Bentley allows the screen to be hidden. in 5 years when there is a totally different look and feel to the in car screens that 12 inch screen will be nothing but an eye sore to look at. If it breaks out of warranty there is no after market head unit that you can replace it with. (and we all know Chryslers quality concerns).

I just want my upper door storage and my sunglass holder back (maybe a little bigger).

I always wonder why the glove boxes are so shallow especially the top one even an extra inch or two would make a world of difference.

2021 please add wireless Carplay so i can truly be cord-free 

I would program the rearview mirror camera to be switchable from the third brake light to the tailgate if you have s tall load in the back that blocks your window it will also block your camera so you still don't have a view behind you. 

I like the buttons and knob in my GMC just wish they went with maybe a 9" screen and got rid of all the black plastic.

I love the in rear seat storage, THANK YOU FOR THE  REAR VENT

I wish that they would have offered build in bed storage for my tie downs i would even be happy with the old school bed side compartment.

Just my 2 cents 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

They announced several months ago they are redoing the interior for the 2021 model year.  They have been consistently hammered by pretty much everyone about the interior design and quality of the new model and are definitely losing a lot of sales because of it. 

If ram hadn't been so nice, it wouldn't have been such a big deal but ram just set a new standard and the other companies have to improve their interiors to keep up. No idea if the strike will effect the timing though.

21 hours ago, mwbutcher said:

Did you buy a 19 or 20 or are you just here stirring the pot......if you did buy one, why are you whining about it now - unless you were legally blind when you made your purchase.  

I leased my 19. I'm Not that stupid to purchase a first year . Plus i really wanted a 6.2 Trail boss which they didn't have at the time.  I will get a 6.2 Trail boss in a few months when i came back to the states in a few months. ( i do contracting overseas) . 

Stirring the pot ?  Im just stating facts bud. The interior on all GM vehicles are just lacking. Even the Cadillac get knocked for their interiors. You sound like a hardcore  GM Homer :)  ( which is ok, i consider myself a GM guy too) I'm just not blind and my GM sunglasses arent as dark as yours champ. 

No one is whining , but on a forum board for cars/trucks talking about them.  If your feelings got hurt cause your dear GM is getting knocked then maybe you should block me or just hide under a rock ?

My eye sight is also very good so no i was not legally blind either but thanks for your 2 cents.  . I do love me some 6.2  so this is why i got 19 Denali. 

Lastly , you gonna be ok ? 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Mikedfw said:

They announced several months ago they are redoing the interior for the 2021 model year.  They have been consistently hammered by pretty much everyone about the interior design and quality of the new model and are definitely losing a lot of sales because of it. 

If ram hadn't been so nice, it wouldn't have been such a big deal but ram just set a new standard and the other companies have to improve their interiors to keep up. No idea if the strike will effect the timing though.

Please check your PM when you get a chance.

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 11:05 AM, f8l vnm said:

I think the dropped the ball on the inter AND the exterior.

• Like 1