Swap SLT Grille for AT4

New to the forum but have done a lot of reading both here and elsewhere and can’t seem to find any info on this.  I have a 2019 SLT in Satin Steel Metallic and was wondering if anyone has swapped out the Grille for an AT4 in the same color?  I know they do not list this color as an accessory to purchase but was wondering if anyone had the part number for the Satin Steel AT4 Grille or how anyone has done it.  Thanks!

13 hours ago, Mountain boy said:

The AT4 grills are black chrome all the same on the 19s

I believe he's probably talking about the color matched surround.

I'm curious about the same thing. I don't really need an AT4 when I can get everything I want in the SLT, but man I hate all that chrome. 

15 hours ago, Ajking16507 said:

New to the forum but have done a lot of reading both here and elsewhere and can’t seem to find any info on this.  I have a 2019 SLT in Satin Steel Metallic and was wondering if anyone has swapped out the Grille for an AT4 in the same color?  I know they do not list this color as an accessory to purchase but was wondering if anyone had the part number for the Satin Steel AT4 Grille or how anyone has done it.  Thanks!

As you pointed out, the accessory grille is not available in Satin Steel. However keep in mind the accessory grille is the Elevation grille and not the AT4 grille. The Elevation grille has 3 horizontal slats whiles the AT4 has 6 joined horizontal slats. Also the accessory grille is much cheaper than the factory grille, like $300 less.

If you still want the AT4 grille, you can go to a dealer and just tell them you want the AT4 grille in Satin Steel. If you are just looking to get rid of the chrome, you can wrap your SLT grille which could be expensive since the middle portion of the SLT grille is also chrome so everything has to be wrapped. Another alternative is to have your SLT grille sandblasted (since you shouldn't paint chrome directly) and then painted to the color of your choice. Some people seem to have had good results with this. 

There is more to the AT4 than just the grille, exclusive interior, Z71, lift, multipro tailgate, better tires etc.. They are the best looking trucks GM produces imo. I have chosen them over Denali for my personal trucks because of it. Lots of people do the grill swaps, but in my opinion if you are already in the SLT category, a few grand on top of your SLT price would be well worth the SLT AT4 package. Here are my last 2 All Terrains (AT4), will be picking up a 2020. Let us know what you end up doing, would be curious to see an SLT with the AT4 grille.

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0262.JPG

IMG_0242.JPG