Looking to purchase a 2020 white AT4, Anything I should know?

3 hours ago, spizike9 said:

What engine and tranny did you have in your ‘17? I have the 5.3 and 6 speed in my ‘18 SLT. Motor seems fine but the tranny is pretty jerky when down shifting. 

I believe it was a 5.3 eight speed.

• 3 weeks later...

Update, after a good month of searching finally got one.

I ended up kinda going all out partly so I had no regrets and partly because I took what I could find closest to my desired truck even though it cost a bit more.

White AT4 with:

AT4 Premium Package

Driver Assist II

Off Road Steps

Console Vault

6.2L V8

Sunroof

I didn't really need the sunroof tech package or offroad steps but I learned last night the Tech package HUD can show the navigation which is pretty awesome.

Anyway sticker was $65,250. Minus first responder program supplier price it and $3000 rebate which also went up this month from October final price to me is $58,386.

I checked with dealers in two surrounding states and no one had anything better to offer than that my area of overpriced living. 

They're giving me $17,500 for my 2015 ram which is $1000 higher than anyone else would offer me as well. Tried to get them to throw in a hard bed cover but they wouldn't cave.

Should be picking it up mid week. I did $3000 better than another fireman friend who just bought a less equipped AT4 so I think I did alright.

Pretty excited this is twice what I have ever spent on a new vehicle and I haven't bought a new vehicle since my Wrangler back in probably 2010. (bought my ram cert pre owned). Ive never even had leather seats before

Side note, do all of you actually put premium into the 6.2L every time you fill up? I commute a good 60 miles round trip to NYC that might add up but if I have to I will to protect it.

Edited by BrooklynBravest
  • Like 1

On 10/20/2019 at 4:57 PM, spizike9 said:

I’ve had crappy salesman try to lie to me with stuff like that before. Makes me so mad. 

never count on salesman to tell you whats going to be best for you, its always going to be whats best flr them or dealer. if they can squeeze cpl thousand more out of a deal they are going to for sure try, its up to you to find best deal and negotiate. I spent almost 2 months looking and haggling with dealerships to get best possible deal and felt I did, neither ford, ram, or even other chevy dealerships were willing to compete and other chevy dealers said my discounts from dealer I bought from wouldn't be honored because I wouldn't qualify...…..THEY WERE WRONG!

2 hours ago, Dunn said:

never count on salesman to tell you whats going to be best for you, its always going to be whats best flr them or dealer. if they can squeeze cpl thousand more out of a deal they are going to for sure try, its up to you to find best deal and negotiate. I spent almost 2 months looking and haggling with dealerships to get best possible deal and felt I did, neither ford, ram, or even other chevy dealerships were willing to compete and other chevy dealers said my discounts from dealer I bought from wouldn't be honored because I wouldn't qualify...…..THEY WERE WRONG!

Aside from the features/tech and overall truck of the AT4 being MUCH nicer than the Ram, they wouldnt even come down $1000 on the price of the rebel. And they offered $1000 less for my trade.

The rebel with comparable features doesn't even exist and the top of the line rebel is the same price as the AT4 fully loaded like a Denali.

It is also insane people pay for the Denali at the same price as the AT4 with none of the features, solely cause it says Denali. 

Not a fan of rebel, (ram 1500 looks best of bunch of rams) exterior of truck looks meh, the interior is nice but I have to like what I see when I walk out to parking lot, I'll take slightly less interior for better exterior any day.......after all it is a truck