2020 L5P First Oil Change

• 3 months later...

Changed the oil for the first time in my 2020 today.  Everything is easy to get to, so it's a pretty easy oil change with the exception of the oil filter.  It was tight, very tight but I was able to get it off and it shouldn't be a problem the next time around. Where I had the most difficulty was adding the new oil.  There isn't much room to pour a one gallon container into the funnel I was using.  Just wondering if anyone out there has found an ideal funnel to fit this oil neck or just a better way to add the oil?  I took the water drain off of the inside of the hood to get more clearance but it was still tight.

Just an update to this thread, be careful what aftermarket filters you use on these trucks.  Many of the cross referenced oil filters do not meet the stock filter specs and what I have found after my own experience can cause leaks in other areas.  The Baldwin B329 filter I originally used did not meet all of the specs and was potentially the cause of some of the oil leaks that showed up.  Granted I have a great dealer and they handled it all without issues, but they did return the filter to a stock filter which is the AC Delco PF26.  The one spec that sticks out on this stock filter is the bypass valve PSI rating.  Most of the cross referenced filters including the Baldwin B329 have a bypass valve PSI rating of 20 and some are up to 40 PSI.  

So to reiterate what I'm saying, double check and triple check every spec to make sure its as close to stock as possible.  That being said, if your looking for a Baldwin direct replacement to the AC Delco PF26, Baldwin recommends the B40122.  I myself will be switching to the Amsoil EA011 filter.