1.25" G2 aluminum spacers with factory GM 22s

Hey guys! I am getting tired of my 33s rubbing the UCA and sway bar at full lock forward and reverse. I noticed 4wheel parts had a set of 1.25" spacers exactly like the hub centric BORA ones . I picked them up and was hoping my factory wheels had "pockets" on the back to allow for no cutting of the factory studs. I temp installed the spacer and the wheel back on but it didn't seem like the lugs were coming through the wheel nearly as far as they should. I have searched the forum and haven't seen anyone state they have used them with these type of wheels. I have noticed some stating they have used 1" spacers with the factory 20" "snowflake" wheels though. Attached is a picture of the backside of the wheel and to me it doesn't seem like it would be an issue since in between each lug hole is a gap for the factory studs to sit in. So with that, to me, I should be able to get the full depth of the lug nut without cutting the factory studs/tips off. Can anyone chime in please? I really don't want to buy new rims on this truck.

IMG_3059.PNG

15 minutes ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

You are freaking me out with that large a spacer on stock studs. In racing I had to have the suds though the open face lugs so now I want all lugs to use all thread and still worry about stud strength.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

They are these. They are hub centric and bolt to the factory lugs and have new lugs the wheels bolt too. They aren't just a flat disc spacer lol

header_WheelSpacers.png

As long as your factory studs are 1.25 or less then it should bolt up without any cutting.

One thing i would want to know is the quality of those new studs on the spacer.

If you go with a name brand vs cheap ones you should be ok.

Edited by Ozer

That spacer is way overkill. I run a 33x12.5 which is like a 315 section width and they don't rub badly at all, a .25" spacer on the front only would be more than enough to get me the clearance. Its not bad though so I am not worried about it. What is your rim offset? Look on the back of the wheel it will say +25mm or something along those lines, I'm not sure about the 22" wheels. 

IMG_0049.jpg

Edited by L86 All Terrain

52 minutes ago, L86 All Terrain said:

That spacer is way overkill. I run a 33x12.5 which is like a 315 section width and they don't rub badly at all, a .25" spacer on the front only would be more than enough to get me the clearance. Its not bad though so I am not worried about it. What is your rim offset? Look on the back of the wheel it will say +25mm or something along those lines, I'm not sure about the 22" wheels. 

IMG_0049.jpg

+24 I believe. Mine has the newer UCA so it hits there and the sway bar wether I'm forward or reverse. I mean it isn't crazy hard but its loud and the looks I get are not fun. lol

47 minutes ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

I have 24 with 295. And lowered 3/5. I only have little rub at full lock. And that is tire on swaybar. A 1/4" spacer solved that.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

So you used a 1/4" flat disc spacer ? Im worried about vibration issues with those. 

6 hours ago, cmstric said:

So you used a 1/4" flat disc spacer ? Im worried about vibration issues with those. 

I just tried finding a hub centric 1/4" and was having difficulty also. I found these 1/2" hub centric and they would for sure give you the clearance your after. Not sure how much worse the rub is with the 2016+ UCA. I don't like lug centric either, these trucks have enough mystery vibrations as it is. https://www.readylift.com/1-2-wheel-spacers-gm-1500-2011-2018-1.html

6 hours ago, L86 All Terrain said:

I just tried finding a hub centric 1/4" and was having difficulty also. I found these 1/2" hub centric and they would for sure give you the clearance your after. Not sure how much worse the rub is with the 2016+ UCA. I don't like lug centric either, these trucks have enough mystery vibrations as it is. https://www.readylift.com/1-2-wheel-spacers-gm-1500-2011-2018-1.html

Thanks for the research. I had seen those but i don’t trust those because I would lose 1/2” of thread. 

On 10/18/2019 at 10:38 PM, cmstric said:

Thanks for the research. I had seen those but i don’t trust those because I would lose 1/2” of thread. 

Could you buy some longer wheel studs. You just whack 'em in with a hammer. Personally, I wouldn't want that tire out there another 1.5" without a fender flare. The paint on these new trucks is very fragile. My tires are fully in the wheel well and still pepper the truck when turning.