Does anyone regret getting the 5.3L over the 6.2?

1 hour ago, TNTSilverado said:

I agree.  I’m still a kid at heart sometimes and love mashing on it

Also I’ve owned 2 K2 5.3L and they were hindered by the transmissions. The new 5.3L 10 spd combo and weight loss really wakes the 5.3L. Drove stepfathers all weekend at cabin and it’s nice and peppy. He is also averaging 21 mpgs with just over 2k miles.  The best he ever achieved with his eco bust was 17 mpgs 

Yeah, my ‘16 with the 5.3 was a pooch. Very lazy throttle response. A tune would have helped a lot, but trading it for a 6.2 helped more. The new 5.3 8 speed is pretty good and I bet it’s even better with the 10 speed.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I recently purchased my 2020 Custom Double Cab 5.3 six speed with the tow package, Sirius/XM, and Katzkins heated leather seats.  I added the GM hard folding Tonneau, N-Fab nerf bars and LED headlights.  The whole package was around 40,000 bucks with promotional, and Friends and Family discounts. The truck has plenty of power and feels like a luxury car.  To me, the extra dough for a 6.2 would be a waste and I don't have to deal with the stupid stop start feature.

New Truck.jpg

Edited by Mac-427

After driving by wire for awhile I surprised how responsive my old truck is. It feels very peppy at 285 HP and a 373 rear. I guess that’s why people like throttle boost so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have owned both the 6.2 and the 5.3 (currently have). It serves my purpose fine as I don't do any towing. There is a noticeable difference in power acceleration and fuel mileage and costs. I just totaled a 2 liter silverado and it had acceptable power for me with the twin turbos and averaged 23 miles per gal. I went up to the 5.3 with my replacement and am very happy with it.

I have to say that I'm pretty pleased with the mileage with my 6.2. Although the truck is really quite new and not really broken in, I'm seeing an average of around 18 mpg. From what I understand, it should improve slightly as the engine fully breaks in, so I hope to see perhaps slightly higher numbers down the road.

mileage.jpg

• 4 weeks later...