In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  

It's October 2019 and rumors are swirling around a potential General Motors Electric Pickup, code named "Project O"

We just covered this news here: https://www.gm-trucks.com/your-first-electric-pickup-may-be-a-hummer/

We've created this forum as a place to discuss these future electric vehicles and the news around their development in the leadup to 2021. 

Cool, nice, I love Electric... with a twist.  Ditch the doggone battery.  As long they come with one, I keep my Liquid Fuel vehicles.

Here is how to look at it....

Betteries are NOT Fuel Tanks, they are more like Compressed Air Tanks.  Imagine that you have a Compressed Air Tank driving an Air Motor, like an Air Drill.  Each time you open the valve to drive the motor, pressure is realeased.  The pressure never comes back up, eventually, you will have some pressure left but not enough power to move anything.

A Fuel Tank, does not matter, full or a dab, the motor still puts out the same power.

So... when electric vehicles pull the energy like Nikola Tesla wanted to do, wirelessly, sure, I will be the 1st one at the dealer.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By BaileyCase24
      Hello all, 
      Recently I purchased a 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 Elevation. I’ve been debating on putting a lift or leveling kit on it since I bought it. I’m looking for bulkier but also clean look. Nothing crazy. Just beefy and aggressive. I don’t plan on doing much off reading. Any advice on which kit I should buy? What brand? I also am hoping to keep my wheels as they are super sick, but would like some beefier tires any advice on those as well?  

Thank you! 
    • By Plumbermik
      I have a 1987 Chevy R10 squarebody short bed VIN # 1GCDR14H4HJ127580. Can anyone tell me where to get new lower control arms for this truck without breaking the bank?
    • By Dazedswift
      Hello! To whomever may have any advice. I recently bought a 2005 gmc single cab with a 6.0 4l80e that wouldn’t start unless you put a little fuel down the intake and jump the starter(which I didn’t do bc I’d rather fix the problem logically). Anyways so a problem that I found is that he had actually broken the ignition interlock cable on the steering column and you were actually able to turn the key by hand but turning it to the start position wouldn’t do anything other than a like if you would say meh out loud that’s literally what the engine or I believe the electrical would sound like when you turned the key into that position. So I replaced the wire from a donor steering column which was a PAIN!!! anyways I have the original column in with the new wire but it’s still not trying to start at all. I also noticed that the throttle body doesn’t open when you press the Gas and you can’t push it open. It also makes a small humming noise like it wants to try to open and slightly vibrates. Also so I jumped the 87 pin on the starter relay to the positive and the engine turns over but won’t fire and start. I’m assuming that it’s a fuel problem(yes I put fuel in the tank today 7gals). So my next theory is going to maybe test the starter? I’m not really educated on this stuff but I do have the tools for the most part. Any advice would be appreciated. ALSO it has a newer ignition Solenoid and it has the lock and car light on the dash so I’m not sure if the new keys have to be programmed and that has anything to do with it? Maybe? But I’m not sure and thank you again! I’ll post a link to a YouTube video tomorrow to show exactly what’s going on and what I’m working with for a visual! 
    • By Byron Greenleaf
      So I bought this 2015 Sierra and it needs ball joints replaced. Only problem is I can’t get a straight answer about If I need new upper control arms or stock ones put back in. It currently has Rough Country arms but when I asked RC they told me that they should not be installed. ALSO I’m not 100% sure in the size of the lift. RC says it’s a 5” but it doesn’t seem like it. Just looking for some input. Thanks 

• By Eatyourham
      Disclaimer: I need a lot of help and don't know what I'm doing besides the research I've done thus far. Which is mixed to say the least.

I have a 2017 Chevy Silverado with the stock 20" wheels. I have stock Z71 suspension. Stock Tires. Live in CO and blew a tire on the way up to a mountain. Riding full size spare right now, but between that blown tire and a bolt clean through another that is still holding air, I think it's about (well past) time I get new tires altogether. With that comes the choice to go ahead and get my other changes done I'd like as well, including a level kit, smaller wheels, and larger tires (Pathfinder AT 285/70 R17).

With that in mind, I'm trying to do it cheaply (I know, f*ck me, first mistake). I found some used MB Wheels TKO wheels on Craigslist off of a taco for hella cheap and picked em up without doing a ton of research (second mistake). They are 17x8.5 6x5.5, which sounds good. Where it starts sounding problematic is the lugs and bore. These wheels are M12x1.5 with a thicc bore size at something around 106mm and obv the Silverado is M14x1.5 with a bore size of 78.1mm.

Offset is 27 stock and this wheel is -6. On this offset topic, I don't even know if this will be a problem or not. (possibly third mistake?)

My question is, will these wheels function safely on the Silverado if I purchase 60 degree acorn lugs at M14x1.5? What else would I need to do to make these work? Hub Ring? Offset? Am I being a complete moron? Should I just resell the wheels and scrap this?

Links:
      Level Kit I intend to use - https://www.americantrucks.com/motofab-3-front-2-rear-leveling-kit-0718-silverado-1500.html?utm_source=youtube&utm_campaign=description&utm_medium=social&utm_content=ytvid103018MotoFab3front2rearlevelingkit&T5_Var3=silver#product_videos
      Wheels I purchased second hand - https://www.discounttire.com/buy-wheels/mb-wheels-tko/p/47299

Thanks everyone; forgive my ignorance.