Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!
In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience.
Are you ready to buy an electric truck?
1,051 members have voted
Hey everyone. I have a 2016 Sierra Denali. A while back I opted to do away with the magnaride struts and installed BIlstein 6112s in the front with Cognito UCAs and BIlstein 5100s in the rear, also added Xineering bypass kit to clear the Magnaride errors. I had an issue recently with the stop mount on the drivers side strut blowing out. I contacted BIlstein about it and the rep told me he thought he had been told that the distance between the LCA and where the strut mounts into the truck frame at the top on a magnaride equipped Denali is shorter than a normal Sierra and that it was possible that the strut was too compressed, causing it to push through the top mount. Has anyone ever heard this or experienced this issue? I can’t find anything mentioned about it anywhere. I’m taking the truck in next week to get it fixed but if it’s going to just happen again I am wondering if I need to get different struts all together.
By Dillion Padgett
I recently bought a (Gen 3) LQ4.
I'm trying to swap this into an (Gen 4) 07' Silverado which uses 58x Reluctor, 4x Cam Gear, Front Timing Cover/Crank Sensor, and 2 Knock Sensors located in the sides of the block.
I have a (Gen 4) Truck, So the timing cover/ crank sensor/ knock sensors can be used. I also have a (Gen 4) ECM/Harness.
I know I need to get 58x Reluctor Gear put on & get a 4x cam gear already
My questions are as follows:
1. Can I put a 4x Cam Gear on a (Gen 3 Cam) ? or do I need to get a (Gen 4 Cam) for the (Gen 4 Cam Gear) to work ?
2. Can I use the (Gen 4 Knock sensors) on the side of the (Gen 3 LQ4) ? Just drill/tap & mount them ?
3. If I keep the (Gen 4 Fuel Setup) could I just install that on the (Gen 3 LQ4) ?
Any help or advice will be appreciated.
I'll be documenting everything so others will have better knowledge when putting a Gen 3 Block into a Gen 4 Vehicle.
Thanks guys !
By Dillion Padgett
I just bought an LQ4/6.0 out of a 2006 Denali XL
Complete Long Block
Engine Harness /w ECU
The swap will be going into a 2007 Reg Cab Silverado.
Truck came factory with the 4.8L Vortec.
My questions go as follows.
1. Would the swap work easier since I have the ECU/ECM that came with it ?
2. 06' Below uses 24x Crank Sens... 07+ 58x Crank Sens... Could it work since i have the ECU/Harness ?
3. Would the truck still start up/drive without unlocking the ECU ?
4. What other things should i be worried about ?
5. What things should I get for the swap if needed ?
I will be using a JEGS adapter/4.8 Flexplate to mount the 4l60e to it "4l80 will be put in later"
Recently Browsing 0 members
- No registered users viewing this page.
Who's Online 36 Members, 2 Anonymous, 1,056 Guests (See full list)
- John F.
- Daniel Evans
- MTU Alum
- Salsa De Piña
- Ken Moore
- Grumpy Bear
- Scott Dobbs