Would you buy an electric Chevy today? What about an electric GMC?

Are you ready to buy an electric truck?  

1,054 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have had trucks and jeeps a long time... i think there will be an election where the "in" party does fierce things to energy - like carbon taxing - and we have a couple dollar tax on each gallon to deter us pickup owners from having trucks.. and build out infrastructure for the cities, so they can have public transportation as they are transported under the ever watchful eye of millions of cameras...

I am hopeful we can have cars in twenty years.. uber and the condition of the roads is also against us..

Edited by PPK
  • Like 1

I have had trucks and jeeps a long time... i think there will be an election where the "in" party does fierce things to energy - like carbon taxing - and we have a couple dollar tax on each gallon to deter us pickup owners from having trucks.. and build out infrastructure for the cities, so they can have public transportation as they are transported under the ever watchful eye of millions of cameras...

I am hopeful we can have cars in twenty years.. uber and the condition of the roads is also against us..

There will be Electric Car dragster races too [emoji6]

Sent from Above

I think it would be great if they could make it go 400 - 500 miles.   That's plenty for my typical week and if I pull the boat it's only a 15 min drive to the ramp.  Charging needs to be quicker especially on trips and the infrastructure will need to be built to handle the charging all over the interstates.    I would def look at it but let others be the guinea pig.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

I’d be all over a new badass looking electric Truck or large SUV for long mountain road trips that’ll do the same or better. Imagine a truck that would take you places, no boundaries as far as you can stay awake, that would be the vehicle for me emoji6.png

Sent from Above

Buy a Huey!  LOL

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

Not even if it outperforms your current vehicle in 0-70 braking, handling and best of all gets 500 miles between each charge?

Sent from Above

So you can charge it anywhere for free, no cost?    LOL.    All this talk of saving gas never mentions to cost to charge them. Not Cheap and you could be forced to not be able to charge them when you need to because the electric company dials back usage.  I was watching this old house this am and they were talking about this smart electric meters companies are going to. Those meters theoretically can allow the electric company to regulate usage and dial it down in peak times.  Like the phone/text services providers dial back your access speeds.  Some elected official someday might decide you are using to much electricity and prevent from charging your electric vehicle via the smart meters.    LOL  All these new technologies comes with unintended consequences. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So you can charge it anywhere for free, no cost?    LOL.    All this talk of saving gas never mentions to cost to charge them. Not Cheap and you could be forced to not be able to charge them when you need to because the electric company dials back usage.  I was watching this old house this am and they were talking about this smart electric meters companies are going to. Those meters theoretically can allow the electric company to regulate usage and dial it down in peak times.  Like the phone/text services providers dial back your access speeds.  Some elected official someday might decide you are using to much electricity and prevent from charging your electric vehicle via the smart meters.    LOL  All these new technologies comes with unintended consequences. 

You mean like the unintended consequences gasoline burning automobiles have made, with their contributions to our environmental future and the unintended health benefits all for the sake of convenience? Just one drop of oil in a natural watershed is enough to slowly kill over one mile of animal life, that’s not to mention all the crap (oil, coolant, leaking fluids) that automobiles drip onto the streets and later washed off the roads and into natural watersheds too and the emissions that build up and later cause acid rain conditions lol. Sound like a tree hugger here.

If need be, you can very easily build your own solar charging system in your own home for that electric charging system and without having to pay for solar extraction and resale like fossil fuel. I for one have been seriously considering evolving and adding solar energy into my home and for that very reason, electric companies and gas companies seasonal price gauging. Aside of that, charging an electric car is a fraction of the cost to fill up a tank of gas and only takes maximum about 45 minutes to an hour. I’d jump on that for a 500 mile charge all while I’m dining in a restaurant. Am I ready to convert? Not yet but it does all sound like a good idea.

Sent from Above

There's no damn way I would buy an electric truck. You take the truck on vacation to the mountains or some family's house with no plug in then what? Iam sure they will love you using there power to charge your truck. Do you take a generator with you to charge the truck? What about hauling a trailer to max cap. how long is that battery going to last?  I can see it now a major hurricane hits a area and knocks the power out to thousands of people and weeks to restore and all you see is a bunch of dead vehicles on the side of the road or people unable to evacuate cause there truck is dead or not enough power in your vehicle to get you out of the area, what a friggin joke.

Driving and electric vehicle in a lighting storm man will your butthole be tight.

Why would driving an electric vehicle in a thunderstorm be any different than driving fossil fuel burning vehicle?

I'm waiting for battery technology to catch up before I even consider an electric pickup.  Then I'd have to wait after that for someone to make a 2500/3500 electric, so maybe by the time I'm retire or about to die something will be out.  Everyone touts electric vehicles being greener but do how many of these people take into account the pollution created by mining and shipping battery components all over the world to make them?  What about the impact of power plants that still run on fossil fuels or coal to generate power?  The cost of having to redo your house's fuse panel if it's an older house that doesn't have the capacity to handle a charging system.  Just like with everything else people ignore the downsides and only look at the positives.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chevyguy85 said:

Why would driving an electric vehicle in a thunderstorm be any different than driving fossil fuel burning vehicle?

I'm waiting for battery technology to catch up before I even consider an electric pickup.  Then I'd have to wait after that for someone to make a 2500/3500 electric, so maybe by the time I'm retire or about to die something will be out.  Everyone touts electric vehicles being greener but do how many of these people take into account the pollution created by mining and shipping battery components all over the world to make them?  What about the impact of power plants that still run on fossil fuels or coal to generate power?  The cost of having to redo your house's fuse panel if it's an older house that doesn't have the capacity to handle a charging system.  Just like with everything else people ignore the downsides and only look at the positives.

I was joking on the lighting storm comment.        I 100% agree

9 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

Just one drop of oil in a natural watershed is enough to slowly kill over one mile of animal life

Fake News.  Oil naturally seeps out of the ground.  I'm surprised you'd make such a statement Tex.

• Like 1

Fake News.  Oil naturally seeps out of the ground.  I'm surprised you'd make such a statement Tex.

Not fake news, I didn’t ever think about it either. I’m involved and work with the TCEQ (Texas commission environmental quality) and HGAC (Houston Galveston area Council) along with others, seen all the reports, from dangerous bacteria and wash off from storm water. We’ve physically tested water quality and we’re shocked to find the amount of hydrocarbons found in a cup of water that’s floating into watersheds and coastal waters. Think of it this way, where do you think everything on the street washes off to? Storm Water channels and eventually into watersheds.

https://www.harvestingrainwater.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/HCP-IQ-Test_with_credits_SHORT.pdf

Sent from Above

Personally, I’d jump on a badass electric rig any day, no oil changes, no gasoline as long as there’s room for my Barrett rifles and high enough clearance to go play in the fields and satisfy work loads, why not?

Sent from Above