In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Are you ready to buy an electric truck?  

258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Can you imagine all the new power plants that would have to be built if everyone goes to electric cars?  Can you imagine all the battery graveyards taking up acres of ground?  Can you imagine all the fires caused by the highly combustible lithium batteries?  Can you imagine all the pollution still generated by backwards countries like China and India and many, many others?  You know, the ones who create all the pollution now?  Because it sure isn't the US!  That is, unless we keep the clean air and water-hating Republicans/Russians in charge.

• Like 1

The big question is "where is all that Lithium to come from". China controls most of the supply and we would probably have to rape the amazon rain forests to increase the supply needed to produce all these batteries.

Unless and until there is an alternative to chemical/rare earth batteries-I don't see electric Vehicles being viable.

Edited by oak 1971
  • Like 1

I like gasoline or diesel engines. Today's engines are not only durable, but also very dependable. If you use a truck for things that trucks are designed for, you will at some point either be waiting for many hours somewhere unplanned, sitting on the side of the road stranded, or forced to realize that your electric truck is unable to perform as needed. I see no need for electric trucks and I would be seriously surprised if they truly are greener, stem to stern with MFG costs, charging station infrastructure, and the fact that most of the electricity is co.inf from somewhere. Solar electricity isn't very sustainable in my opinion, at least in the Southeast, as they put up the solar farms in actual arable land/farms. The panels are taking food production away and polluting the land with heavy metals, concrete, and cables.

Everything has a cost.

Sent via Morse code

• Like 2