In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Silver_rado

Performance mods for 37s

It didnt improve anything? I would think it would at least bring acceleration  and transmission shifting back to stock

1 hour ago, Silver_rado said:

Update got the gears installed 2 months ago and went with 4.88s. Honestly not impressed and regret it

C'mon man. I thought she was running good with the gear swap.

What's up?

Update got the gears installed 2 months ago and went with 4.88s. Honestly not impressed and regret it
Whats bad about them? Btw badass truck bro! Forsure a texas truck!

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

56 minutes ago, IronVilkas said:

It didnt improve anything? I would think it would at least bring acceleration  and transmission shifting back to stock

Probably could've jus got a tune and done the same since i really dont drive it

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

C'mon man. I thought she was running good with the gear swap.

What's up?

It is jus kinda feel like it was a waste of alot money

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Snowcamo said:

Whats bad about them? Btw badass truck bro! Forsure a texas truck!

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Thanks Louisiana tho. Nothing bad jus very expensive for the price I could've jus got a supercharger 

• Like 1

You have to remember that you are only bringing it back to what it once was before the insanely heavy wheels and tires. You gave the truck back it's mechanical advantage but you are still trying to turn a ton of weight to get going.

More power needs to be added to make the most of what you have done.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Silver_rado said:

Thanks Louisiana tho. Nothing bad jus very expensive for the price I could've jus got a supercharger 

That truck would be top shelf with a supercharger.

17 minutes ago, CamGTP said:

You have to remember that you are only bringing it back to what it once was before the insanely heavy wheels and tires. You gave the truck back it's mechanical advantage but you are still trying to turn a ton of weight to get going.

More power needs to be added to make the most of what you have done.

Yea eventually imma tune it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Silver_rado said:

It was the right thing to do.  Putting those tires and wheels on it originally was like re-gearing from stock to a 2.73 ring and pinion!  

4.10s would have been about the equivalent of a 3.42 with those tires compared to stock RPMs wise.  Those 4.88s raise it more than 300 rpms higher.  Not my choice but to each his own.  Now tune it and then supercharge it if you still feel the need for speed. 

7 hours ago, swathdiver said:

It was the right thing to do.  Putting those tires and wheels on it originally was like re-gearing from stock to a 2.73 ring and pinion!  

4.10s would have been about the equivalent of a 3.42 with those tires compared to stock RPMs wise.  Those 4.88s raise it more than 300 rpms higher.  Not my choice but to each his own.  Now tune it and then supercharge it if you still feel the need 

I was told at the shop 4.88s would bring me back to stock. Which around town its not bad average 13-15ish depending on traffic. Highway is where it drinks. As far as tuning would a computer tune or diablo tuner be better. Heard a handheld tuner doesnt give you all the power out of the motor 

40 minutes ago, Silver_rado said:

I was told at the shop 4.88s would bring me back to stock. Which around town its not bad average 13-15ish depending on traffic. Highway is where it drinks. As far as tuning would a computer tune or diablo tuner be better. Heard a handheld tuner doesnt give you all the power out of the motor 

Well, I was figuring you had a 6-speed and 3.42 gears as stock.  What do/did you have?  If you tell me the tire specs both original and now with the 37s, I can calculate exactly in my little program.  

More importantly, I would get a BlackBear tune because they not only tweak the engine, they also tune the transmission based on your needs and input.  A canned tune cannot do that well.  

On 3/4/2020 at 2:40 PM, Silver_rado said:

Update got the gears installed 2 months ago and went with 4.88s. Honestly not impressed and regret its

so what’s your recommendation? As far

as regearing I’m thinking of regearing was

told to go with 4.88s too.

58 minutes ago, Frankielozano214 said:
On 3/4/2020 at 2:40 PM, Silver_rado said:

Update got the gears installed 2 months ago and went with 4.88s. Honestly not impressed and regret its

so what’s your recommendation? As far

as regearing I’m thinking of regearing was

told to go with 4.88s too.

What size tires are you going with

1 hour ago, Silver_rado said:

What size tires are you going with

I got 24x14 with 37s 13.5 24
(I had to cut the bumper more)

C43C4594-0B4A-45AC-AED2-D832FE6A6344.jpeg