Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
SS2Sierra

Stock ride height - 4" rake?

Recommended Posts

Hey guys

 

I'm looking to level my 2017 Sierra Denali 4wd 6.2L. 

 

I noticed my rear sits 4" higher than the front (36" front/40" rear). I measured from ground through center of wheel to fenderwell AND from center of wheel up to fenderwell to hopefully get rid of any difference caused by tire pressure. Still 4" difference. That seems pretty high to me. Could it be from the larger engine up front, or am I missing something? I was hoping to just install the SuspensionMaxx 2" level and get pretty close to level but it looks like I'll still have 2" of rake.

 

I guess as a side note I was hoping to install 275/60/20 Duratracs after the level. That should fit no problem, right? 

 

Thanks !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SS2Sierra,

I did the exact lowering of the rear you are looking at with a small amount of rake remaining.. I have a 2016 Sierra Denali Ult 6.2L 4WD and like the look and ride very much... I also purchased a longer magneride sensor arm so it would be closer to stock position. I used the shock extenders as well and lastly had a trim level relearn performed at dealership ...For me it rides better than it did stock and seems to get better mpg by a small amount. Looks better too and I can haul my travel trailer perfectly level.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SS2Sierra said:

Hey guys

 

I'm looking to level my 2017 Sierra Denali 4wd 6.2L. 

 

I noticed my rear sits 4" higher than the front (36" front/40" rear). I measured from ground through center of wheel to fenderwell AND from center of wheel up to fenderwell to hopefully get rid of any difference caused by tire pressure. Still 4" difference. That seems pretty high to me. Could it be from the larger engine up front, or am I missing something? I was hoping to just install the SuspensionMaxx 2" level and get pretty close to level but it looks like I'll still have 2" of rake.

 

I guess as a side note I was hoping to install 275/60/20 Duratracs after the level. That should fit no problem, right? 

 

Thanks !

Is it a standard (6' 6") bed?

Mine is and has 3 1/2" difference.

36 5/8"front,  40 1/8" rear.

The tires will fit with the 2" level no problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

Is it a standard (6' 6") bed?

Mine is and has 3 1/2" difference.

36 5/8"front,  40 1/8" rear.

The tires will fit with the 2" level no problem.

It's a crew cab short bed. 5' 8" - maybe the combination of short bed and 6.2L 4WD explains the 4" difference. 

 

I was hoping to limit my level to 2" in the front just to avoid needing any other suspension upgrades or potential issues. Do you think a 2" difference front to rear will even look any better than what I have now? Kind of frustrating, would be nice to go with a 1.5 or 2" level and be within an inch or less front to rear

Edited by SS2Sierra
added crew cab

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, SS2Sierra said:

It's a crew cab short bed. 5' 8" - maybe the combination of short bed and 6.2L 4WD explains the 4" difference. 

 

I was hoping to limit my level to 2" in the front just to avoid needing any other suspension upgrades or potential issues. Do you think a 2" difference front to rear will even look any better than what I have now? Kind of frustrating, would be nice to go with a 1.5 or 2" level and be within an inch or less front to rear

Go with a 2.25" then. 

Lots of reading material here...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is my before and after pics... Subtle but very noticeable especially when standing at the bed... It makes getting items in and out of the bed much easier surprisingly. f03b6cbe185038943f0e1f9a3660aa66.jpg819b6b3c7b7a2f2a42cd7fd747c1168d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

91A73997-EE42-4FE2-ADDE-0D545EA26A4A.thumb.jpeg.4fa57f7fc7da034a2d295b967f3a5ec5.jpeg

 

 

 

Not the best pic at all, but I lowered my rear about 2" to help level it out. Still a little higher in the rear, but much better than stock. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rah7777777 said:

91A73997-EE42-4FE2-ADDE-0D545EA26A4A.thumb.jpeg.4fa57f7fc7da034a2d295b967f3a5ec5.jpeg

 

 

 

Not the best pic at all, but I lowered my rear about 2" to help level it out. Still a little higher in the rear, but much better than stock. 

 

Looks good, what did you use to bring down the rear?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a lowering shackle.
2” I think, or right around that. Easy install except dropping the hitch receiver and bending the pinch weld on the bed up to get the bolt to clear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.