In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Irish80

I'll probably be testing the Duramax longevity.

Well I've had the truck 2½ months and it just rolled over to 10,000 miles.  We'll see how this redesigned l5p and 10 speed hold up.  Anybody else racking up the miles yet?

20191027_110803.jpg

Edited by Irish80

Tomorrow will be 2 months and I’m almost at 8k....besides the hard downshift when coming out of highway speeds I’m happy with the 10 speed....18mpg average ain’t too shabby either!

6000 on mine...Everything works great.  I haven't noticed any hard shifts up or down, towing or empty.

1 hour ago, Haftahunt said:

Tomorrow will be 2 months and I’m almost at 8k....besides the hard downshift when coming out of highway speeds I’m happy with the 10 speed....18mpg average ain’t too shabby either!

I've had 4 or 5 hard shifts when speeding back up after a construction zone or going up a hill.  It's a little unsettling and I mentioned it to the dealership when I took it in for something else. They asked if there were any lights on, I told them no, and that's pretty much as far as that conversation went.