In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

I want amber (not yellow) fog lights for my 2019 Colorado Z71. I can find them in LEDs, which my manual and 2 dealerships say not to use. If there is no CAN bus how can there be "feedback"? Who can explain this? Secondly, I cannot find amber halogens for the 5202 connection. Anybody got a lead on those? Thanks.

I cannot stand the stock lights.  I just ordered white LEDs.  Im not really sure why they'd warn against it.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/    They have great videos on installs with an actual Canyon not some other truck.   And they do offer amber or yellow (not sure what color its referred to).

In regards to CAN bus, if there is no signal, as in no CAN bus support on the bulb, that will pop up an error message or do whatever it is supposed to do if no response on CAN bus from that bulb.  I don't think there is any "fatal" error like the PCM going into walk home mode.

Thanks guys. The Diode Dynamics are $120 a pair and they call them yellow. But the video was helpful. I'm going to try a pair by Calais that are supposed to be true amber at $23 a pair, with an adjustment to make the beam flat. I'll let you know...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By NCD
      Anyone know if it’s easy/ possible to re-route the task lights on the mirrors so that they work regardless of the vehicle being in park? 

Thanks
    • By Smoothbassman
      Got my rear light bar installed in about 30 minutes. 

OPT7 60" Redline Flexible LED Tailgate Light Bar

• By Patrick S Kelley Jr.
      During a dark and rainy 3 am jumping of another truck, it became clear there is no lighting in the engine compartment of my 2018 Silverado. The previous truck had a light under the hood and the generation prior to that had a removable work light that could be placed on the locations. Not to mention that truck also had jumper cables builtin to jump Fords. So my question is has anyone added lighting under the hood? if so how? 
    • By Battle Born Offroad

SHOOT US A PM FOR THE BEST PRICING IN THE INDUSTRY ON BAJA DESIGNS

The Baja Designs GM A-pillar kit is designed to fit a multitude of GM Vehicles. This kit will give you the light you're looking for out on the trail or cruising down a dark road. This kit includes brackets, lights, and a wiring harness. It mounts to the factory hood hinges and supports the weight of a Squadron with ease. 

MSRP $314.95

Included with the Kit:
      x2 Squadron Pro LED Lights in Spot x2 Brackets Wiring Harness  
      Application:
      Chevy Silverado 1500 (14-17)  Chevy Colorado (15-17)  GMC Sierra 1500 (14-17) GMC Canyon (15-17)  
      *Please note some minor trimming may be required on this kit depending on your model. 

Baja Designs Features:
      Satisfactions Guarantee – 30 Day Money Back
      Guarantee
      Limited Lifetime Warranty – Complete Purchase Protection
      uService® – Replaceable Lenses And Optics
      ClearView® – All The Light, Right Where You Need It.
      MoistureBlock™ – Waterproof, Rain Proof, Submersible
      CopperDrive® – Only LED Driven At 100%
      5000K Daylight – Less Driver Fatigue, Natural Color Specifications (per light):
      Lumens: 3,150 Utilizing 4 LEDs
      Wattage/Amps: 26W / 2A
      Dimensions: 3.07" x 2.77" x 3.07"
      Weight: 12 ounces
      LED Life Expectancy: 49,930 Hours
      Front Lens: Hard Coated Polycarbonate
      Housing: Powder Coated Cast Aluminum
      Bezel: Billet Machined Aluminum
      Hardware & Bracket Material: Stainless Steel
      Exceeds MIL-STD810G (Mil-Spec Testing)
      Built-In Overvoltage Protection
      IP69K (Waterproof, Submersible to 9ft)
      IK10 Compliant (Mechanical Impact Testing)

• By Tano53180
      I am sure this has to bug other people the lack of lighting in the 2019 Silverado. Can people share what they have done about it if anything? It is really bugging me how little light Chevy designed into this model.