Trail Boss 4" Lift w/ 35x12.5s

Hey everyone.  I finally pulled the trigger and ordered the new ReadyLift 2" SST Lift Kit for my Trail Boss.  It adds 2" to the factory 2" lift, in a safe manner, for a total of 4" of lift.  I also purchased a new set of Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ 35x12.5R20 tires (swear by these).  The kit is on a 1-2 week backorder but the tires will be here today.  As soon as I get everything, i will post pics and will describe how the install process went.  I am also selling my current tires Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ 305/55R20 (33.5x12.5R20) that have 13/32 left of tread on them.  If anyone is local to Michigan, DM me if you are interested and I will be putting up a listing shortly.  As always, any questions please dont hesitate to ask.  Pics of current setup will have to do for now.

20190922_160755.jpg

20181009_124636.jpg

Edited by z1boss
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, highbl00d said:

curious to see what your final heights are with the kit and 35's sit at. I SO want that kit, but I am cutting it close height wise to my parking garage...lol

I will be sure to post the clearance height, distance from fender to floor, etc.  Right now I can fit in a 7 ft parking garage barely.

Edited by z1boss
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, amxguy1970 said:

A safe manner? All it addresses is the upper control arm/ball joint. Nothing for the CV axles, lower control arms, tie rods, etc. It is still stacking 2 separate 2 inch lifts on top of each other...

Tyler

Those parts are not affected in a way that will harm them according to ReadyLift.  The kit comes with a Lifetime Warranty and does not void the OEM warranty.  If you watch the 8 min video they posted about this on YouTube, the angles and other parts look fine.

2 hours ago, brockhals said:

What are your wheel specs?  width and offset please. looks like they are still tucked in the fender, is that right?  Any rubbing anywhere?

My current setup seen in the pictures above is 33.5x12.5R20 tires on 20x9 wheels with a 0 mm offset.  The truck does not have a level, suspension is stock.  The tires DO stick out past the fenders about 1-1.5 inches.  They initially rubbed but I did the mud flap mod, where you remove the bracket behind the mudflap to allow you to pull back the flap, a while back and no rubbing currently.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys, I did it.  I installed the lift this weekend and my Trail Boss is noticeably higher up than it was stock.  I am now running 35x12.5R20s on a total 4 inch lift.  My rims are 20x9s with a 0 mm offset, however I added 1.5" spacers to stick the tires out even more.  They sit about 3 inches past the fender line and it really balances out the truck nicely.  Without the spacers there was a very minimal rub only at full lock.  To run the spacers, I trimmed the first wall part of the mudflap (see pictures below) and with the spacers there is only a small touch at full lock now which I have no problem with.  The truck rides fantastic, even better than stock and is super stable around turns.  See below for pictures and before/after measurements.  Best thing is I still fit in my car wash (monthly subscription) which has a 7 ft clearance.  Parking garage wise I believe it will be tight fit, especially with speed bumps for the 7 ft ones but a 7' 6" garage should clear easily.  As always, any questions just ask.

Before:

Front Fender to Floor: 39 7/8
Rear Fender to Floor: 41 1/8
Cab Height: 77
Roof Antenna Height: 2 3/4
Hood Height: 52
Bed Height: 58 1/4
Front Bumper Ground Clearance: 14
Front Suspension Ground Clearance: 11 1/8
Side Ground Clearance: 16 5/8
Rear Bumper Ground Clearance: 20 3/8
Rear Diff Ground Clearance: 9 1/2
Front Distance from Top of Tire to Fender: 7 7/8
Rear Distance from Top of Tire to Fender: 9

After:

Front Fender to Floor: 42 3/8
Rear Fender to Floor: 43 1/8
Cab Height: 80
Roof Antenna Height: 2 3/4
Hood Height: 54 1/2
Bed Height: 59 5/8
Front Bumper Ground Clearance: 16 1/2
Front Suspension Ground Clearance: 14
Side Ground Clearance: 18 3/4
Rear Bumper Ground Clearance: 21 7/8
Rear Diff Ground Clearance: 10 3/16
Front Distance from Top of Tire to Fender: 8 3/8
Rear Distance from Top of Tire to Fender: 9

20191110_163729.jpg

20191110_163720.jpg

• Like 5

You added the spacers  because you wanted the tires to have more poke out the fenders? Or were they added for clearances purposes? If I read your post right, you had to modify the mudflaps because of the spacers..?

11 minutes ago, highbl00d said:

You added the spacers  because you wanted the tires to have more poke out the fenders? Or were they added for clearances purposes? If I read your post right, you had to modify the mudflaps because of the spacers..?

I added the spacers to make the tires stick out more to balance the look of the truck. In my opinion, if they remained under the truck how I had it previously and I lifted it to where it is now, it would look a little like it was on stilts.  The spacers created a better looking stance for that height.  I did have to cut a section of the front of the mudflaps out to clear the tires because of the spacers pushing them out farther.  Without the spacers, the mudflap trimming isnt necessary, but I did remove the bracket behind the mudflap a while back already.

Edited by z1boss
  • Like 1