Bass reduction on Bose door speakers

Bringing this back up to make sure I understand correctly. you're pulling anything below 150hz or 300hz out of the front 6x9's to clean up the front stage mids and highs but the rear door 6.5's and the center Bose sub are still operating down below that level to adequately supply mid bass frequencies to the total stound stage correct?

I bought these to install when I do a t-harness and aftermarket amp / sub install in the back but I don't intend on running my sub above maybe 60hz and want to make sure there's not a hole left in the soundstage after I install them.

Thanks,

To my knowledge the bose amp is cutting different frequencies from the rear than from the front. I dropped a pair of 7" 2-way coaxials in the rear doors and got much cleaner highs albeit the actual speaker output is still considerably lower when compared to the front speakers. I'm also running a T harness on the rear speaker plug to the amp and am curious about cutting lower frequencies on the front doors. Any insight?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I tried messaging the OP about the bass cut method he used on the door speakers; I find them terribly annoying and fear the doors will rattle soon enough if I do nothing about it.

How satisfied are you with the solution?
Did you make additional changes later?

• 1 year later...
On 1/25/2021 at 8:17 PM, ict_wildcat said:

To my knowledge the bose amp is cutting different frequencies from the rear than from the front. I dropped a pair of 7" 2-way coaxials in the rear doors and got much cleaner highs albeit the actual speaker output is still considerably lower when compared to the front speakers. I'm also running a T harness on the rear speaker plug to the amp and am curious about cutting lower frequencies on the front doors. Any insight?

What 7" coaxial did you use in the rear doors? 2 ohm or 4 ohm?