Those with Bose and a center console.

Yondu

I have a 2018 crew cab Silverado LT with the center console and Bose. 

While I feel the system has good bass, I think it's all coming from the doors.  I can put my hand against the center console and feel nothing, but the doors have a good vibration. 

Shouldn't I have a center console sub?  Or is it not in the lower LT trims?

• Like 1

I have a 2018 crew cab Silverado LT with the center console and Bose. 

While I feel the system has good bass, I think it's all coming from the doors.  I can put my hand against the center console and feel nothing, but the doors have a good vibration. 

Shouldn't I have a center console sub?  Or is it not in the lower LT trims?
Rpo code will tell you what you have

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, ullose272 said:

Rpo code will tell you what you have

I know I have Bose and a center console.  Are you saying there is a rpo code specifically for the center console sub?

I have a 2018 GMC Sierra SLT Premium with Bose and my subs are in the front doors. Pretty sure there’s nothing under the center console. But for a stock system I love it. Haven’t felt the need to touch a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well idk about what trim level comes with what, but my sticker says “SLT premium all terrain pkg” and “Bose sound with 6 speaker system”. And my front doors are subs. There’s no Mid-high freq coming out of them. The dash corners are mid-high and the rear doors are full range. it’s the same setup as my Ram that had a Beats by Dre system in it. Idk the rpo codes for those 2 things but I could check my QR.

• Like 1

Well idk about what trim level comes with what, but my sticker says “SLT premium all terrain pkg” and “Bose sound with 6 speaker system”. And my front doors are subs. There’s no Mid-high freq coming out of them. The dash corners are mid-high and the rear doors are full range. it’s the same setup as my Ram that had a Beats by Dre system in it. Idk the rpo codes for those 2 things but I could check my QR.

They arent subs, they use a component style setup, its just a woofer. If you have a sub its in the console

28 minutes ago, slide187 said:

This is exactly what my setup sounds like. The front doors sound like subs, they have some good boom for a door speaker.  I feel nothing is coming from my center console.  Maybe things changed for 2018. 

I have RPO UQA.  Bose was a separate $500 line item on my truck, the window sticker (just checked) does not reference quantity of speakers. 

The front dash speakers are definitely not just tweeters. 

Edited by Yondu

According to GM fleetorderguide.com, UQA is 

6 speaker Bose audio for 2018 Silverado

7 speaker Bose audio for 2018 Sierra

It doesn't list 7 speaker Bose for any RPO on Silverados in 2018.  

So something's wrong or Silverados don't get the console sub (at least in 18)

I'm not going to tear my console apart, but there is a lot of bass in the doors and I don't hear anything in the console. 

UQA Bose Sound with 6speaker system,(7speaker system including subwoofer when ordered with bucket seats) 1-Requires Crew Cab or Double Cab model and(PCM)LT Convenience Package,(PDA)Texas Edition or(PDU)All Star Edition. 2-Included and only available with (PDF)LTZ Plus Package,(PDA) Texas Edition or(PEB)Sport. Required when(L86)6.2LEcoTec3 V8engine and(AN3)bucket seat are ordered and includes(NKC)Active Noise Cancellation. 3-Included and only available with (PDF)LTZ Plus Package Required when(L86)6.2LEcoTec3V8engine and(AN3)bucket seat are ordered and includes(NKC)Active Noise Cancelation.

Edited by JimCost2014

So according to that list on GMfleetorderguide my truck should have the 7 speaker setup. 

It's a crew cab LT

Has the All-star package 

Has buckets/center console

Has Bose. 

I've heard other people who have Bose and no console complain about no bass and this does have good bass. Like the other guy above said though, the bass is all coming from the doors.  

• Like 1

They arent subs, they use a component style setup, its just a woofer. If you have a sub its in the console

Well Then the amp is crossing them over that way, So they’re also not not subs, if it’s a component style system, about which I also have my doubts since the dash speakers are also NOT tweeters. And there’s nothing in my center console. But it also sounds like there’s a couple Bose packages and there might be a diff between 17-18 and/or Silverado-Sierra.